MSI's X570 Tomahawk May Become Go-To OC Board??

Soldato
Never had the need to come on rarely? :D

Soit does come on, but rarely and doesn't make much noise whe it does? Can you still notice it though (above all your other fans)??

Haha I was a half asleep typing that. It doesn't come on often. If I'm playing cod warzone it will but I certainly can't notice it. I don't know why people get so hung up on chipset fans.

Soldato
Haha I was a half asleep typing that. It doesn't come on often. If I'm playing cod warzone it will but I certainly can't notice it. I don't know why people get so hung up on chipset fans.

Thanks for the info. I’m interested cos my current board is doing my nut with fan noise (see separate thread).

Caporegime
I guess it's because some can be (more so in the pasy) very high-pitched and whiney, and I assume that if you have a silent system with only low frequency hums from larger fans then you will notice the whiney chipset one more more. Happy to hear it's not a problem for you though! :)

Soldato
I guess it's because some can be (more so in the pasy) very high-pitched and whiney, and I assume that if you have a silent system with only low frequency hums from larger fans then you will notice the whiney chipset one more more. Happy to hear it's not a problem for you though! :)

Yeah it's not something I would worry about with this board!

Associate
Thanks for the info. I’m interested cos my current board is doing my nut with fan noise (see separate thread).
You could solve that issue with a well placed 120mm fan and unplugging your chipset fan.

Has anyone tried memory overclocking with this board?

I've got Micron rev E. to play around with (and only a few more parts required before I can build my new rig)

Associate
You could solve that issue with a well placed 120mm fan and unplugging your chipset fan.

I've got Micron rev E. to play around with (and only a few more parts required before I can build my new rig)

Yeah, these are my current results with the tomahawk, it's awesome!!

saved 2 is XMP 3600 cl 16 Fclk 1800
saved 1 is manual 3600 cl 14
current is 3800 cl 14 Fclk 1900

vjUsleX.png

Soldato

Surely it would be easier to play an inverse waveform of the noise the fan emits thus nullifying the sound :D (sure I watched a tomorrows world about this back in the day)

Soldato

I can't easily unplug it because I think the connector is located underneath a shroud. I don't want to try to force removing it in case I break it. Probably just going to RMA it.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Yeah, these are my current results with the tomahawk, it's awesome!!

saved 2 is XMP 3600 cl 16 Fclk 1800
saved 1 is manual 3600 cl 14
current is 3800 cl 14 Fclk 1900

Nice :) If you don't mind me asking, can you tell me what voltages (SoC, DRAM etc) you're using at those clocks?

3800 CL16, FCLK 1900, MEMCLK:UCLK 1:1 here. DRAM voltage is 1.42, SoC 1.1V.

Associate
Good morning! We've just received news from our BIOS team....

MSIUK Support - do we know precisely which variant of the 8125 realtek lan chip is being used in this board?

i intend to use it with opensuse tumbleweed and I'm not entirely sure if the driver is in the kernel yet, which might mean mucking around with packaging the driver...

Back
Top Bottom