MSI's X570 Tomahawk May Become Go-To OC Board??

Soldato
As a recent owner of the MSI Tommy I can't quite believe that splash logo. I have had to turn it off and make my computer boot like a 1980s machine currently...what exactly were MSI thinking with that tiny thing on my 4k screen?

Soldato
As a recent owner of the MSI Tommy I can't quite believe that splash logo. I have had to turn it off and make my computer boot like a 1980s machine currently...what exactly were MSI thinking with that tiny thing on my 4k screen?

Don't even know what the logo looks like. It's one of the options I always disable in bios

Soldato
I just moved to 1.63 BIOS. It seems with every BIOS update that's released CPU performance goes down. Firstly, can't remember which BIOS it was but PBO boost was limited to 200mhz, now with this BIOS I've lost ~200 points in Cinebench. Little further investigation and CPU now only boost to 4775mhz on all cores whereas with 1.50 BIOS I was getting 4800mhz and above with exact same settings.

Anyone else notice similar results?

JRS

JRS

Soldato
I just moved to 1.63 BIOS. It seems with every BIOS update that's released CPU performance goes down. Firstly, can't remember which BIOS it was but PBO boost was limited to 200mhz, now with this BIOS I've lost ~200 points in Cinebench. Little further investigation and CPU now only boost to 4775mhz on all cores whereas with 1.50 BIOS I was getting 4800mhz and above with exact same settings.

My experience isn't consistent across benchmarks or games. GTA V performance up slightly. Cinebench down a hundred points. AIDA64 memory benchmarks up. CPU not boosting as high.

It's a strange one.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
I turned on rebar in BIOS yesterday and it automatically enabled "above 4G memory/crypto currency mining" and "restore PCIE registers" at the same time... Normal?

Soldato
I seem to recall that being normal on the two boards Ive had Stu

Still struggling with the USB issue though, seems like most others have resolved it one way or the other but even the beta bios , PCIE gen 3 and C States disabled (as well as a full uninstall / reinstall of chipset drivers direct from AMD ) still have unusable / really unstable usb connections. Really hope AMD come up with a definitive solution (as apposed to potential work arounds) soon

Associate
i have the 1.5 bios and see two options:

1. that seems to indicate it is referencing SAM
2. above 4G memory/crypto currency mining

I turned #1 on and left #2 off.
Now, GPUZ reports that resizable bar = "off".

Am i doing this wrong?

Stu

Stu

Soldato
I'm on 1.63 and just wrote rebar into the search bar, turned on rebar that was found by search, and after hitting "save and exit" it told me that all three settings had been changed to "enabled".

Soldato

I noticed that 1.63 seems to run very conservatively compared to 1.5 and prevous betas. Lower all core speed and single thread boost but also lower temps and volts. I never saw the volts go above 1.316 on the 1.63 whereas I would see spikes as high 1.48 on previous BIOS

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Just tried my front USB ports (Phanteks Evolv X) for the first time... left USB-A working fine; right one is detecting external HDD and showing up in explorer, but not loading files/folders; and the USB-C port seems totally dead.

Might this be my case, or is this the X570 USB bug?

Soldato
Hi guys,

Is everyone else only reporting 3/4 fans, assuming they have 4 connected in Windows? I haven't checked in on the bios yet.

123.jpg

I definitely have x4 PWM connected.

Currently still on 7C84v13 2020-09-07.

Thanks.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Hi guys,

Is everyone else only reporting 3/4 fans, assuming they have 4 connected in Windows? I haven't checked in on the bios yet.

123.jpg

I definitely have x4 PWM connected.

Currently still on 7C84v13 2020-09-07.

Thanks.

I long since gave up with fan speed reporting in Windows. If your BIOS/UEFI can't see 'em all then there might be an issue. Otherwise...*shrug*

Associate
I'm on 1.63 and just wrote rebar into the search bar, turned on rebar that was found by search, and after hitting "save and exit" it told me that all three settings had been changed to "enabled".
tell me more?

what does one need to configure/toggle to get SAM enabled on the toma...

Back
Top Bottom