MSI's X570 Tomahawk May Become Go-To OC Board??

Soldato
Thanks both! Can I ask what sort of temps you're getting, via WD Dashboard, assuming you use it :D

I read there was an issue with the SN850 on X570 boards a while back but I was lead to believe this was sorted with a firmware fix.

I've RMA'd the drive now.

Associate
Anyone ever had any issues with nvme's causing freezes or system hangs?

And what about cooling - is everyone just on the onboard plate/shield?
I have no problems, I have 2 Samsung 970 Evo in the M.2-slots and they are right now at 42 C / 108 F with the included heatsinks.

Soldato
Thanks both! Can I ask what sort of temps you're getting, via WD Dashboard, assuming you use it :D

I read there was an issue with the SN850 on X570 boards a while back but I was lead to believe this was sorted with a firmware fix.

I've RMA'd the drive now.

Average around 60c, there was a firmware pushed that resolved it and been running that version since as they haven't released one since but I think it was more for if it was in the second slot and the one attached to the cpu directly.

Soldato
Average around 60c, there was a firmware pushed that resolved it and been running that version since as they haven't released one since but I think it was more for if it was in the second slot and the one attached to the cpu directly.
And you've got TRIM enabled, Windows Write-caching enabled etc.? - I haven't manually enabled those settings on mine, but they are enabled in the Dashboard. I've also never used Gaming Mode.

Soldato
What sort of pwm are you guys using on this board? I'm trying to find the sweet spot :)

I use a Phanteks built in fan hub on a single header with PWM running flat 60% to 60c then straight line to 100% @85c

Though I'm just about to ditch the fan hub and use all 4 system fan headers at the bottom of the board because the fans drop power when ramping up recently, I think the hub is borked and cant supply the amps any more.

No.
Sabrent Rocket 4.0 Plus currently 37c right now.

I have a Sabrent Rocket nvme, they run nice and cool.

Soldato
And you've got TRIM enabled, Windows Write-caching enabled etc.? - I haven't manually enabled those settings on mine, but they are enabled in the Dashboard. I've also never used Gaming Mode.

I have Write-Caching and Game Mode enabled. Can't remember if TRIM is enabled, I've just been running it manually in Dashboard every now and then. I haven't seen temps go over 50°C on both my SN850s but GPU and CPU are water cooled so they don't have to deal with the heat from the GPU

Associate
cheers.

but "why" rather than "when"?

It doesn't look like a new bios release that superceded the last, instead it looks like they retracted the last release and replaced it with a new beta.

Associate
Download
AMI BIOS7C84v1A1 (Beta version) 2022-05-2417.95 MB
  • Description:
    - Update to AGESA ComboAm4v2PI 1.2.0.7.
  • - Change the default setting of Secure Boot.
so MSI have been trying to get an ages 1.2.0.7 bios working since may and are still on a beta!

makes me a little nervous about the one they published as final in late june which was withdrawn a week or so later...

Back
Top Bottom