I have just bought 3 flytron strobon navigation LEDS

One Red, one Green, one white

Wondering if I should use these on my 450, or stick them on the wings

Hobbykings postal costs are shocking,

£5.05 for some servo leads :/

Last edited:
Associate
my motors on 4s 6045 put out static thrust around 900g a corner,

Is that the cobra 1960kv's? Do you know roughly how many amps that is?

I have them on my 330 hex and I'm about to buy some more props/batteries for it so could do with knowing some rough ampage. I'm currently running 6030 on 3s but thinking I could go either 6045 3s or 6030 4s. Sadly, the rotorgeeks thrust test for these doesn't go as far 6045/4s but extrapolating out from the other data, it's going to be in excess of 20a!

Associate
To be honest, my experience with 4s is a mixed one. 4s is great for speeding around and acro agility but even the largest space will feel a lot smaller! Also manouvres you can do easily at 3s become a lot trickier at 4s.

Soldato
Yeh it does take some refinement on the controls, I like it most because at the end of your pack it doesn't feel like the quad is going to fall out of the sky.

Gandhi I have the emax 2206 1900kv, I did the thrust test my self but im waiting for a watt meter for more numbers

Soldato
Great news, a reply form tentech.

"If we didn't send its my fault. I'll get them in the post Tomorro. We supply zmr with our arms so your owed 4. My bad entirely so apologies

Stefan

Tentech ltd"

Can't say fairer than that as long as they arrive.

Don
Lads, the site I've backordered the phantom 3 from have offered me an inspire for £1950 with two batteries.

I'm tempted, anyone got an opinion or experience on these either way? I have a quadcopter itch I really really need to scratch!! :D

Associate
Im loving my Inspire depends on the ££££ you want to burn..With the new firmware what came out couple of weeks ago its a really nice machine to fly at last

Also for the inspire and P3 range waypoints are coming (100 at a time on the inspire not to sure about the P3 guess the same :)

I came from a P2 was getting fed up with the props in my pics/Vids with the Inspire you dont have that problem

Last edited:
Don
Im loving my Inspire depends on the ££££ you want to burn..With the new firmware what came out couple of weeks ago its a really nice machine to fly at last

Also for the inspire and P3 range waypoints are coming (100 at a time on the inspire not to sure about the P3 guess the same :)

I came from a P2 was getting fed up with the props in my pics/Vids with the Inspire you dont have that problem

Yeah I like to consider myself a mildly keen amateur photographer and the inspire would still be way cheaper than my SLR setup, are waypoints definitely being added to the inspire, I couldn't find any positive contributions on the forums for it? I view that single option as almost essential for me as a 'beginner' because I could setup a loop for the drone to follow whilst I control the camera without worrying about flight. Or does that all come more easily over time?

Don
Yeah I like to consider myself a mildly keen amateur photographer and the inspire would still be way cheaper than my SLR setup, are waypoints definitely being added to the inspire, I couldn't find any positive contributions on the forums for it? I view that single option as almost essential for me as a 'beginner' because I could setup a loop for the drone to follow whilst I control the camera without worrying about flight. Or does that all come more easily over time?

It will come easier. I've seen the inspire described as a tripod in the sky and it's not wrong.

DJI sent an email out to all Inspire owners a couple of days ago confirming that waypoints are coming, as well as the SDK for the Inspire.

If I was getting in to this hobby right now I would buy a Phantom 3 advanced. You get the same camera as the Inspire (minus the 4k option which is disabled in firmware) with the same stills capability, the same tablet app, the same optical flow sensors and sonar, for a lot less money. You can get the Professional version for £150 more if you really want 4k.
The inspire comes in to it's own when you want to be able to swing the camera around independently of the craft. Inspire has a lot more power and also has an HDMI output on the transmitter so you can add goggles or stick a TV in the back of your car. You also get an awesome carry-case with the Inspire.
Plus, the Inspire looks like a professional piece of kit whereas the P3 looks like a toy.

If you do go for an Inspire or P3, buy it from Build Your Own Drone. They are just down the road from me and Mike is a fantastic bloke. He will help you any time you want and is always up for a chat if you pop in to the warehouse / store.

Don
Cheers again mate, If the P3 was available right now I'd buy it immediately but the delivery dates seem to just be continually slipping and like a spoilt child I want to play now!! I've pretty much convinced myself on the inspire, do I need one? no. Do I really want a blooming expensive toy to take aerial photos of us yacht racing etc.. hell yes!!

Do you guys randomly have an additional insight into the p3 shipping dates?

Don
Cheers again mate, If the P3 was available right now I'd buy it immediately but the delivery dates seem to just be continually slipping and like a spoilt child I want to play now!! I've pretty much convinced myself on the inspire, do I need one? no. Do I really want a blooming expensive toy to take aerial photos of us yacht racing etc.. hell yes!!

Do you guys randomly have an additional insight into the p3 shipping dates?

Hey, it's your money and you will not be disappointed with the Inspire. It is an incredible piece of kit. Extremely well built and flies beautifully.

Soldato
It's a brave man who flies £2k's worth of kit over the sea :)

Maybe he could build a dinghy deployment system in the case it starts to fall out the sky, using a tx switch :p

I would be scared to fly it over land let alone sea

I felt bad when my F450 came down just missing the costal sandy stone and went splat in the coastal sinking mud goo stuff

Last edited:
Don
I've got £5k in the air when I have my S900 up there. That was buttock-clenching the first time.
Imagine what it's like for those guys who fly Red Epics under Sky Jibs. They're putting £30k - £50k in the air.

Back
Top Bottom