Multirotor, multicopter and quadcopter discussion - The Drone thread

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

11122501036_92798d4c9b_b.jpg

Nice build you have there Pazza, are those the NTM 1200kv motors? If so same as me, I've seen that they can take 4S but I've not for one second ever found 3S not fast enough :eek: That thing must be absolutely ballistic on 4S!

Nice toys Rilot :D

Nice build you have there Pazza, are those the NTM 1200kv motors? If so same as me, I've seen that they can take 4S but I've not for one second ever found 3S not fast enough :eek: That thing must be absolutely ballistic on 4S!

Nice toys Rilot :D

Thanks Yes they are ntm 1200 kv,its like a rocket :D

Knocked up my first cheap quad using a KK2.0 as the brains. Recently updated the firmware to 1.6 but still need some tuning done. Part of the test flight from last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpXmtrNn-KY

and was getting some oscillations when cutting the throttle.

Any recommendations on which flight controller (on the cheaper side) to go for next if I am wanting the option of altitude and position hold?

More progress, managed to get the tilt mech sorted, esc's attached to the frame and the battery connector soldered. This was by far the trickiest, the combination of the 3 ESC battery wires was way to thick to get into a XT60 terminal!

Loads left to do.. The Mrs actually took an interest last night too :D

That looks massive,what props you going to use?

What wood did you use,i was looking for something like that but couldnt find anything,is it lime?

That looks massive,what props you going to use?

What wood did you use,i was looking for something like that but couldnt find anything,is it lime?
It is rather big, should be stable and relatively tame hopefully for my first one!

B&Q - Pontypridd :) 10.5mm x 10.5mm pine strip I think it is. About £1.20 IIRC for 2/2.5 metres. Got plenty of spare arms just incase :)

Aw crap. Accidentally left my transmitter switched on since yesterday midday. Battery completely dead :( Won't charge as the voltage has dropped too much, although I don't know how low it is as I don't have a voltmeter.

One for the bin I guess :/

This early Xmas present for myself came today!
jVwpkuY.jpg

Also a quick video from a few weeks back, the Disco was very twitchy in the wind but I've since tuned the PIDs a bit and it should be better now :)

Trying to setup the gimbal tilt with our DJI Phantom and having a mare!

Downloaded the assist software, X1 (tilt control on back of controller) is calibrated and responding to the controller in realtime. Cable going from F2 on the NAZA to the gimbal and the gimbal flashes when either end is disconnected (so assume it's 'seeing' the connection). But that's as far as I can get and the tilt control doesn't tilt the gimbal. Any ideas?

Trying to setup the gimbal tilt with our DJI Phantom and having a mare!

Downloaded the assist software, X1 (tilt control on back of controller) is calibrated and responding to the controller in realtime. Cable going from F2 on the NAZA to the gimbal and the gimbal flashes when either end is disconnected (so assume it's 'seeing' the connection). But that's as far as I can get and the tilt control doesn't tilt the gimbal. Any ideas?

What gimbal are you using? H3-2D should just work. Others based on AlexMOS or Martinez boards may need you to hook them up via USB and mess with the actual gimbal controller options.

This early Xmas present for myself came today!

Nice one. It's a fantastic transmitter for the money, if a little cheap feeling.

I just bought the 2Ah extended battery from T9 Hobbysport for mine as I was finding the stock battery tends to leak charge when left for a few weeks.

Nice one. It's a fantastic transmitter for the money, if a little cheap feeling.

I just bought the 2Ah extended battery from T9 Hobbysport for mine as I was finding the stock battery tends to leak charge when left for a few weeks.
I haven't had a good play with it yet as it came before I left for work but the body, overall weight and gimbals feel better than my DX6i, the side pots feel very flimsy though. I also don't like that the two pots on the top don't have centre detents but I'm sure I can replace them with better ones at some point.

The sheer amount of customisation of switches etc. is the big selling point, it's also ever so slightly smaller than my DX6i and from first impressions it feels better in my hands.

I have a lot of reading to do to learn how to program it though :)

Back
Top Bottom