Multirotor, multicopter and quadcopter discussion - The Drone thread

This early Xmas present for myself came today!
jVwpkuY.jpg

Also a quick video from a few weeks back, the Disco was very twitchy in the wind but I've since tuned the PIDs a bit and it should be better now :)

You'll love it there's so many options,its a great piece of kit.

Does anyone know of a RTF Quad that is a similar size to the Hubsan X4, that has both self level and also the ability to go full acro to practise with?
(for a friend)

I've seen a few that look like they might meet requirements but looking to see if anyone has any personal experience!

Does anyone know of a RTF Quad that is a similar size to the Hubsan X4, that has both self level and also the ability to go full acro to practise with?
(for a friend)

I've seen a few that look like they might meet requirements but looking to see if anyone has any personal experience!
Not personal experience but the Flite Test guys are raving about the Blade Nano QX and they're a reliable (and fun) source.

I have the slightly bigger Blade mQX and it's bomb proof, I have lost count of the times I've ploughed it into walls and furniture, I'm yet to break even a blade. The Nano QX is a better option for flying indoors as it's smaller though.

Last edited:
Managed to sort the gimbal tilt out through the DJI Phantom/Naza in the end. Now just waiting on some custom 3D printed landing gear extensions before we install the Fat Shark Predator that arrived last week!

(for a friend)

I am selling my Blade mQX RTF on eBay right now (400619482979) with a few extras, it doesn't self level exactly... but it fights to stay in what ever position/angle you put it in unless you change the input. So if you are holding in you hand level and push the throttle then tilt your wrist to the left, the right props slow down and the left props speed up.

It is fun to fly inside and outside in light winds (below 10mph), great to start out with and learn acrobatics, like flips, etc.

The only reason I am selling is to upgrade to something that can handle a bigger camera, the Blade mQX can't carry a payload bigger than a keychain camera.

Last edited:
Please please please could a Mod please change the spelling in the title to "Rotor" - My OCD makes me want to do harm to fluffy little kittens every time I see it and I think the pet shops are starting to get suspicious, pretty please :D

The kittens thank you! :D

kitten.jpg

Sorry to be a PITA noob, but the missus has said she doesn't know what to get me for Christmas and a quadcopter looks great fun!

With a budget of £100ish what would people recommend? Ideally I would like the capability to fly indoor & out, and pics/video would be fun, but I have no specific requirements.

I'd just like a capable thing that is reasonably straight forward to fly but with room to grow.

What recomendations do you have? Building my own is not really an option either I think...

Thanks

I have an x4 with a burnt board (don't ask!) smoke came out too! :o

Anyway, that leaves me with a remote and two spare batteries. Does anyone want the batteries? The remote is too heavy for me to post for free, so if someone wants the batteries they can have them.

Only thing I'm going to stipulate is that you must be a great contributor to the forum or have done something really good for charity.

Cheers

im rather keen to get into RC flying, and ultimately FPV but I want to do things right and without wasting money. I am thinking buy a cheap £20 esky simulator usb controller and a free sim to start with and learn the basics - after that I would really like to transition into multi rotors.

Presuming I can graps the basics and keep a plane in the sky on a sim, what would be the best/most cost effective (not necessarily cheap here) way to get into multi rotor/fpv?

thanks,

Rob

I have an x4 with a burnt board (don't ask!) smoke came out too! :o

Anyway, that leaves me with a remote and two spare batteries. Does anyone want the batteries? The remote is too heavy for me to post for free, so if someone wants the batteries they can have them.

Only thing I'm going to stipulate is that you must be a great contributor to the forum or have done something really good for charity.

Cheers

Why don't you just get a new board and repair it? They don't cost that much but if you still want to give them away I wouldn't mind them. I think my car charger has killed my ones, they don't last long at all now :(

im rather keen to get into RC flying, and ultimately FPV but I want to do things right and without wasting money. I am thinking buy a cheap £20 esky simulator usb controller and a free sim to start with and learn the basics - after that I would really like to transition into multi rotors.

Presuming I can graps the basics and keep a plane in the sky on a sim, what would be the best/most cost effective (not necessarily cheap here) way to get into multi rotor/fpv?

thanks,

Rob
Get a small indoor one :) I did about 80% of my learning on my Blade mQX, it is a bit large though so I'd probably recommend a Blade nano QX or Hubsan X4. Crash lots by pushing yourself, learn orientation and combining multiple stick inputs to do smooth turns then you'll be a pro in no time.

Just getting round to finishing my build after buying my frame well over a year ago! Main delays where waiting for the Openpilot Revoluction control boards to be realeased. Cant wait to fly it now.

Bit of a birds nest but will tidy all that up when I check it all works

Just waiting for my DX8 combo to arrive now :D

Back
Top Bottom