Multirotor, multicopter and quadcopter discussion - The Drone thread

They make your quadcoptor more visible, meaning it's easier to spot by other aircraft and yourself,. it also means you can fly further away legally (staying in LOS) ;) They aren't needed legally but would be advised, but Cree LED's are the brightest LED's money can buy i believe, they can be seen up to 3 miles away, though i guess that's at night with the white ones. However, in daylight, they can be seen a mile away. I'll do a test and upload it some time.

Had fun with the Mavic today at a work picnic. I think my filming is getting better. I realise you generally just don't want to be moving the camera itself, just let the drone pan or cruise forward. What is the setting though, to smooth out the camera up and down? I'm sure I watch a video that said you can change something so it starts and stops up and down a lot smoother/slower?

**EDIT** In fact, are there 'modes'? You really want one where things move quite quick, to get in position, then a filming mode for slower, smoother movements.

I'm pretty pleased with the Phantom 4 after flying it a bit yesterday and today - and no I wasn't anywhere near Gatwick!

My only issue currently has been with stopping the rotors once it's landed - I'll have to read the manual fully but should it cut them for me once it's landed or do I need to do a control stick command to cut them? (I've found so far that this tends to result in it flipping over).

Otherwise very happy with what I can do with it and how easily - the GS Pro app is amazing for how simple it is to put together waypoint flights and it just does everything for you!

I'm pretty pleased with the Phantom 4 after flying it a bit yesterday and today - and no I wasn't anywhere near Gatwick!

My only issue currently has been with stopping the rotors once it's landed - I'll have to read the manual fully but should it cut them for me once it's landed or do I need to do a control stick command to cut them? (I've found so far that this tends to result in it flipping over).

Otherwise very happy with what I can do with it and how easily - the GS Pro app is amazing for how simple it is to put together waypoint flights and it just does everything for you!
Not sure but my mavic when I land it either manually or RTH it, soon as it lands the rotors stop.

But if I land it manually if I keep my left stick down it automatically shuts the rotors off.

Had fun with the Mavic today at a work picnic. I think my filming is getting better. I realise you generally just don't want to be moving the camera itself, just let the drone pan or cruise forward. What is the setting though, to smooth out the camera up and down? I'm sure I watch a video that said you can change something so it starts and stops up and down a lot smoother/slower?

**EDIT** In fact, are there 'modes'? You really want one where things move quite quick, to get in position, then a filming mode for slower, smoother movements.

Yes there are intelligent flight modes within the app. There is a mode called tripod which really slows the drone down, I played around with it the other week and it's great for cinematic type of shots etc. But as I said it really slows the drone down ie down to probably one mile an hr lol. But I suppose you could just flip the drone into sport mode, fly where you need to then go back to tripod mode etc.

Cinematic mode slows down the control response, and that works well if you're in a wide open area where you can predict the change in flight path.

For panning up and down, you need to change the gimbal sensitivity in the settings.

A quick shot from Saturday evening:

3sdeXDY.jpg

http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Phantom_4-Starting/Stopping_the_Motors

Had a play with the racer yesterday in a space I've not flown in before, lots of trees and shrubbery, what could go wrong? :D

Couple from today...

Hardknott Roman fort - Hardknott pass, Cumbria

35528740742_61d6d80e95_b.jpg

Sellafield from St Bees - this is straight out of camera - no processing, with the Neewer ND16/PL filter, i underexposed a bit though.

34852070194_6a27185826_b.jpg

Looking towards the fells from St Bees, again, unedited, same exposure as the other.

34852068494_66dbc9196c_b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom