Multirotor, multicopter and quadcopter discussion - The Drone thread

If I were looking to spend under £1000 on a drone, what would people recommend?

Looking at the DJI range mainly, I love the Inspire but realise it's fairly "old" and I'd be looking at a used one. Otherwise the Phantom 3/4 and Mavic both look decent options. Any thoughts?

Finally got my new battery for my mavic yesterday along with my cree strobon leds. Dear god those things are bright as hell, turned them on and pretty much blinded myself for a good few minutes lol. Got 2 white ones and probably will get a couple of red ones later this week.

Will have to wait till the weekend before I can fly again as work has taken over my life for the past few weeks.

Okay I have watched like a million videos and reviews and so on. I really, really want a Mavic. I love the cool looks and "pro" feel of the Inspire but I know the Mavic is the right choice. Do I really need one though?!

I have both the gear 360 and gopro 4 black to try, however, i think i might sell my 360, it doesn't fit in with the type of video editing i want to progress with, cant really incorporate 360 with normal video either.

Does the change in weight/aerodynamics cause any real problems? I've considered sticking my Gear 360 camera on top of the Mavic :)

Oh probably wouldn't do a thing on the Mavic...unless it's REALLY picky and recognises foreign bodies attached to it :p

The camera doesn't weigh much so didn't feel overly different when flying, it might spin you slightly oddly I guess but other than that? Obviously weighs it down more but unless you're pro you wouldn't notice much other than a little bit less power

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for some advice, i'm on the market for a Quadcopter to take some shots of our up coming wedding, our budget is about £150 and we're looking for the following features:

* FPV (this is a must)
* Decent camera, most in the price range are 0.3MP, we're were hoping for a bit more like 1080p
* Some sort of auto height control
* Fairly easy to learn how to fly and be stable

This seems to fit the bill but the camera is quite low res, i'm happy to pay a little more for a more decent camera but still has FPV

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Syma-Headl...qid=1499858991&sr=8-3&keywords=quadcopter+FPV

And this seems perfect but lacks FPV!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Remote-C...qid=1499858991&sr=8-2&keywords=quadcopter+FPV

So it seems difficult to have both under £150

Anyone have any advice?

Back
Top Bottom