Multirotor, multicopter and quadcopter discussion - The Drone thread

Caporegime
I thought they already said, weight is the factor?

His point was, you can't just 'register a drone' if it's racer, as every component and setup will be different depending on the pilot...

The only way it can be done realistically is if you register a set of components and then update those components if you change things.....other than that you just register the fact it's say an x-shaped 220size quad copter...then the weight.

Soldato
His point was, you can't just 'register a drone' if it's racer, as every component and setup will be different depending on the pilot...

Fair point. I've not actually read the article, I guess I assumed it was more like a drivers license as you're the one doing the test. You have a drone over the weight, you need to be licensed.

Soldato
I've no issue with registering my phantom 4 if needed, i'd much prefer to be legal and show a card or what not to some busy body saying I cant fly here or there, not that this has happened yet but I guess its only a matter of time, any idea of when this might come into play?

Soldato
I'm 100% okay with registering, if it's free.

The problem is, it won't be free, it'll cost money. And it won't cost the "I want to fly anywhere I can morons" a penny, because they won't bother, it'll just cost the people who already know and abide by the rules.

Soldato
Looking through this thread makes me really want one of these. It seems Rossendale is a good place to fly one as there are no 'no fly zones' anywhere near me if that website is correct. Got miles and miles of barren moorland i could use it on. Hmm.

Caporegime
Looking through this thread makes me really want one of these. It seems Rossendale is a good place to fly one as there are no 'no fly zones' anywhere near me if that website is correct. Got miles and miles of barren moorland i could use it on. Hmm.

It misses some things, for instance it doesn't show any of the military bases around Bicester.

So I'd try some apps as well.

Don
In remote France at the moment and took some complete stock shots, I haven't used the P3 in months but it was nice to get it out and show the in-laws some nice aerial shots of their house. I really need to start playing with the picture settings, I came in just before the Sun was really hitting the house this evening, annoyingly.

DJI_0008_zpswvns0pu5.jpg

DJI_0014_zpsevvn01ta.jpg

Back
Top Bottom