Multirotor, multicopter and quadcopter discussion - The Drone thread

If you want it to follow you, yes. That’s literally all it does.
not strictly true - you can fly it via your phone in manual mode etc. Short distance up to 50m but still impressive for the cost.

You can also voice command it etc - Or pay a little more for Rc-N3 up to 10km away!!

Last edited:
Just received a Neo today (fly more kit). Haven't spent too much time with it, but managed to get it up and going with the controller with the basics - first drone so I'm pleased and can treat it as disposable, I expect to bash it about.
Incredibly easy to setup & manoeuvre (slight issue with the initial pairing that could have been my fault).
Haven't tried any of the tracking features yet.
I'll post some pictures/examples when I get a chance...

I'll be tempted to pick a Neo up if they add compatibility to my googles and controller from the FPV but I suspect I'm going to be out of luck there.

Got a Neo arriving today. Been getting quite into my YouTube channel a mate bought his Mini 2 out yesterday and took some footage for me, really nice to add some perspective to outdoors stuff (climbing stuff on my channel).

Neo is right price to tempt me in to try. Will hopefully get out tomorrow and see how it goes following me up some solos.

What included in the fly more kit:
BFrZEFW.jpeg

Set altitude to a max of 50m:
t6GEHse.jpeg
c1Z1w2U.jpeg

It arrived!

Took it 250m away. Went down to 3 bars of signal (I'm in an industrial estate)

Then it started to cry about wind.

So i flew it back and landed.

Need to wait for a calm day eh
I missed this post somehow.

Don't worry too much about the wind as long you don't go daft. My own preferred maximum gust speed is 25mph, but apparently the Mini 2 can handle a little more than this.

One thing to be careful is wind direction. One of my first mistakes was flying in the same direction as the wind and returning to home against the wind at 50% battery. I was completely ignorant of the fact that I had to fly against the wind to get it back to me again, so I ended up rescuing my Mini 2 from a derelict field. :o That was an underwear changing moment for me and I quickly learnt from my lesson. :D

Last edited:
I missed this post somehow.

Don't worry too much about the wind as long you don't go daft. My own preferred maximum gust speed is 25mph, but apparently the Mini 2 can handle a little more than this.

One thing to be careful is wind direction. One of my first mistakes was flying in the same direction as the wind and returning to home against the wind at 50% battery. I was completely ignorant of the fact that I had to fly against the wind to get it back to me again, so I ended up rescuing my Mini 2 from a derelict field. :o That was an underwear changing moment for me and I quickly learnt from my lesson. :D
I did notice it was flying at 15mps in one direction yet struggled to get above 5 on the way back. Return to home was not functioning due to wind speed. Was pretty impressed tbh.

I'd love it if it could go a lot faster in sports mode, but I appreciate the mini 4 pro is more of a camera drone than a play speed demon.

I plan to take it on any solar parks visits i do for work. To get some nice full park shots.
Might be able to flog them heh

Refurb Mini 2 SE - £199
Refurb Mini 3 - £269
Neo fly more - £299

Biggest difference I see is the camera but for £70 that's a big % increase to go to 4K for a 'messing around' drone. And I'd like an extra battery but not considering the price jumps :/

Last edited:
Have enjoyed using my Mini 4 Pro in Latvia here and there ... Nowhere near the russian border but where I am isn't that far from there by car ... Main road near here goes all the way to Pskov!

Seems to be pretty unrestricted here in terms of flying out in the countryside away from Riga etc although I wasn't anywhere near any NATO bases or training areas!

I just got the Neo on it's own, so I'm just using the mobile app (which sucks).

Have taken it out a few times now. The footage is ok but looks pants compared to the footage coming off my A7C (as you'd expect) so can't really cut it together, so the Neo footage is only really good for youtube shorts/instagram.....which it what it's designed for I guess.

Not being able to adjust any picture/video settings on the app is a **** move. You have to buy a controller if you want to dial down the way overdone sharpness.

I got some nice B-roll shots from it yesterday evening just flying manual with my phone.....for the price it's really decent. If I'd paid £299 it would be pretty questionable, as it's so obviously compromised compared to what you get in the Mini at just a little more. At £169 it's great value. It charges in an hour from my power bank, and I'm just using it to take quick b-roll shots rather than any extended flights, so no extra batteries is fine.

If I buy a controller I'd probably go for the RC2 and have the upgrade path to the Air/Mini Pro 4.

I also purchased the Neo fly more bundle which turned up today. Other than a few cheap no name drones i've had in the past this is my first proper one. Only flown it around indoors so far but its so much easier to control than the cheap rubbish. :D I never really bought it to be wowed by the video quality/features. I chose this(fly more in particular) as its from a well established brand, looks reasonably rugged with the guards on on the props(As i'll probably be crashing it..) and i have 3 batteries to burn through while trying to increase my flying skills. :) I also like the idea of the follow me, voice controls etc even if the results might not be great. I'm pleased with it so far though, looking forward to taking it out and about.

Back
Top Bottom