Multirotor, multicopter and quadcopter discussion - The Drone thread

Soldato
Surprisingly even thought DJI themselves are quoting a lead time of a month for the Mini 3 Pro with RC Amazon have stock and as such I couldn't resist clicking the 'buy' button; turned up this evening and wow what an impressive bit of kit.

Replacing my old Spark so quite a jump in spec/capabilty, although maybe not build quality, the spark feels like a tank compared to the mini. :p

Soldato
Surprisingly even thought DJI themselves are quoting a lead time of a month for the Mini 3 Pro with RC Amazon have stock and as such I couldn't resist clicking the 'buy' button; turned up this evening and wow what an impressive bit of kit.

Replacing my old Spark so quite a jump in spec/capabilty, although maybe not build quality, the spark feels like a tank compared to the mini. :p
Something has got to give when keeping it under the 250g limit.

Soldato
@Rilot how are you getting on with the ND filters, still happy with them? I need to get a set for the mini 3.

Used a combination of a ND4 and ND8 on my old Spark to just take the edge off the highlights but that had a f/2.6 lens compared to the f/1.7 of the Mini3 that lets in more light.

Don
Thanks.
Pretty scary flying a brand new drone over open water. I ran 3 batteries through it that day, only coming back over land to change them out. It performed impeccably.

Associate
For those who have a Mini 3 Pro, is it normal to have some play in the front propeller arms when extended?

When unfolded, my Mini 3 Pro's front right propeller arm allows more movement back and forth than the front left arm. The front right arm is also slightly looser when folded up. I am just trying to work out whether I have an issue with it or not. The drone seems to fly normally and I have had the drone from new with no crashes or drops; in fact, I have only taken the drone out for one flight so far.

Soldato
Good news for EU/EEA living drone users.

DJI Mavic 3 just received C1 class certificate.
Once compliant firmware becomes available in Q4 and is updated into drone user can request classification showing label from DJI for free.

Apparently requirements for C1 include also noise limit:

Though no idea if that applies directly also in UK.

Associate
A sort of an attempt at a 360 Sphere pano with the Mini 3 Pro.
https://www.skypixel.com/photo360s/dam-pano
or https://www.skypixel.com/photo360s/...pied&utm_medium=PCWeb&utm_campaign=share&sp=0 If the first link doesn't work (sorry, no idea what the extra crap at the end of the url is about).

I used "PanoramaStudio 3 Pro" to create it, but cropped too much off the top, so later I had to add extra sky to make it a 2:1 ratio compatible pano for the Sky Pixel site.
The software doesn't like man made subjects, as it's messed up the wires and also the bridge, but I corrected the bridge in Ps and clone out the people.
I won't keep the pano, as it was taken on a dull day and just looks meh.

Some videos and photos at www.MarkSykesPhotography.co.uk/Aerial if anyone's interested.
This video gives a better idea of what the reservoir looks like in better lighting and also feature a flight under the bridge https://www.marksykesphotography.co.uk/Aerial/i-zLsPx9s/A
Just don't laugh at my flying skills :D

Back
Top Bottom