My EK blocks nickel flaking off.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
in all fairness, if a suitable replacement is not available then you should be able to get a refund. but it depends entirely on the retailers T&Cs.

Martini. if you want, you can email me with a brief rundown of what has happened and I can see if there is anything I can do to assist you :)

Caporegime
OP
Another problem arises, even if I was to accept the Heatkillers off the E-tailor in question. They only have 1 in stock. :p
Hmm i was just to about to buy one of the new EK kits from OC

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-117-EK

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-098-EK

Has this issue gone away or still relevent on the new kits ?

They are EN, which is the new process, which *should* be fine, the GTX 580 block however isn't EN?

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Thats a shame, this thread has fair put me off. Seemed a ideal way to start up, looks likes its going to be have to be done the hardway.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
I understand that, however its the complete system i was after and the VGA blocks being from the old process raises my concern to much.

Caporegime
OP
Soldato
After seeing Avathar77's block which is an almost identical age to mine I am now in two minds whether I should strip down to check mine. On the one hand, looking at that pic the flaking can't be doing anything detrimental to performance, and since you can never see it with the top on it's kind of irrelevant to the operation of a loop. However, I can see this being an issue if the second hand value of the block is affected as even though I am sure the performance is not affected you average joe will always want a pristine block and will downmark one with *any* flaking accordingly. I was staying out of this uptil now as I assumed this issue only started in the first months of this year, not last year when I bought mine :(, and I seriously do not want the extra phaff of stripping down and messing about with RMA's.

Bugger it, I realised I havn't even got round to selling my old Dtek fusion V2 yet, I'm obviously not that bothered about second hand value, so on refelction I'm not bothering stripping down until it needs it, unless further photos actually show these things disintergrating.

Soldato
Well Iam filling up the RMA form now!
Still cant decide if I ask for coper block or Nickel one. If it is Nickel I may have this problem again unless it is the EN.

I am not overly sadden about it because I have a spare Koolance CPU 370 block(also Nickel)

Caporegime
OP
I think I've got them ;

Also, futhermore ;

Under Requesting a refund

If a customer wishes to reject or not accept faulty goods, you are entitled to ask the customer to prove the goods were faulty when they bought them from you. If they are able to do this, they are entitled to a full refund.

You\'ve already stated ; " I took a look at these myself today, both to me just look like they havent been plated correctly from the off-set which seems to have caused this issue".

Ergo, not fit for purpose.

Caporegime
OP
Today I got ;

Good morning,

Martin, we have tried to be as reasonable and as helpful as we can for you - This product was not purchased from our company, yet we have chosen to help you RMA this with EK Waterblocks, since we have received the waterblocks from you we have had nothing but "i want a refund" from you which we have previously said is not an option due to this not being a sale from our company. The refund which you received from "X Etailor" has nothing to do with the goods you have sent to us, the situation is completely different since they are the same trading entity that you purchased the goods from.

If this really is the direction you want to proceed with this return, please bear with us as we will need to send all this information to a legal team to look at. This will greatly increase the turn around time, you could well be looking at over 6 month wait before anything is processed.

Alternatively an email from EK came through yesterday afternoon, we are able to send these blocks back for replacement Acetal/Nickel versions - so we are now in a situation where we can send you or indeed as the case may be order in for you the replacement blocks which you originally wanted ?

Please advise which it is you would like to do as we would like to process this as quickly as you would like us to.

Associate
fixed fee appointment with a solicitor, followed by one letter from them, and also make sure it's forwarded to both parties, and to trading standards .... then see what happens.

I am also slightly lost by the "This product was not purchased from our company" bit, i must have missed something somewhere.

Either way they are hoping for the "i've had enough do whatever you want" reply, in other words whatever costs them nothing, and honours none of the initial fit for purcahse sale

well i havea reply for them..... under no circumstances will i be dealing with them... that was watercoolinguk.com right ?

Associate
just had a talk with my boss about what happened here. Well he says you cant win here. If you use distilled water then you cant avoid lime scale, and if you use deionised water then it will attack the nickel metal on the coolers. So knowing this it would be better to have lime scale rather then destruction

Back
Top Bottom