My EK blocks nickel flaking off.

Caporegime
OP
fixed fee appointment with a solicitor, followed by one letter from them, and also make sure it's forwarded to both parties, and to trading standards .... then see what happens.

I am also slightly lost by the "This product was not purchased from our company" bit, i must have missed something somewhere.

Either way they are hoping for the "i've had enough do whatever you want" reply, in other words whatever costs them nothing, and honours none of the initial fit for purcahse sale

well i havea reply for them..... under no circumstances will i be dealing with them... that was watercoolinguk.com right ?
Yes

Associate
thank you, big note made in my bookmarks folder for water cooling links (i actually have text files linked in my bookmarks sections for stuff like this, and other notes)

just had a talk with my boss about what happened here. Well he says you cant win here. If you use distilled water then you cant avoid lime scale, and if you use deionised water then it will attack the nickel metal on the coolers. So knowing this it would be better to have lime scale rather then destruction
Interesting, cheers

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Morning Martin,

I've just spoken to Rob, everything is confirmed for you to have the 2x 580 Plexi blocks.. So this is what we'll do for you.

The small amount over the block value of your original order will be written off, and we will ship you 2x EK 580 GTX Plexi waterblocks.

Hope this helps

Kind Regards

Finally.

Caporegime
Probably got fed up with you in the end. :p

If they are no longer the same trading company I think you've got a very good result there, probably down to your persistence more than anything.

It takes the wee wee a bit that you can afford 2xGTX580 but are too tight to pay the £30 or so difference tbh.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Probably got fed up with you in the end. :p

If they are no longer the same trading company I think you've got a very good result there, probably down to your persistence more than anything.

It takes the wee wee a bit that you can afford 2xGTX580 but are too tight to pay the £30 difference tbh.

?
I don't have two GTX580's, they're the only viable blocks I can get to sell that they actually have stock of.
Them "Not being the same company" is irrelevant, they showed a blatant disregard to my consumer rights.

EDIT : How did I do very good? I got blocks at the same value as the ones I bought.

Last edited:
Associate
i will be looking for a block for an asus directcu 5850 .. .and that is the EK Asus 5870 v2 block, which comes in EN but, they dont know if they are going to order in any more, so i wrote back to them and said well i don''t know if i want your below par products

Last edited:
Soldato
Well I got my RMA approved by Gregor @ EK! And he wants me to ship it to Slovenia not the re-seller I bought it from! Should be around £10 for the postage and I hope they will pay it back.
But he have not sent me a RMA number! just asked me to print the email from him saying EK will replace my block, and to include it with the package.
I asked for a RMA number anyway :) I don't want them to say "oh you didn't have a RMA number written on the package so we cant accept this" :)

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
be sure to get a ref number. if you need assistance contacting EK then let me know.

Eddy usually deals with RMA himself but he is on leave at the moment from what I understand.

Back
Top Bottom