My Galaxy S2 broken? (with photo's now)

Soldato
Was 150 yds from OCUK - now 0.5 mile; they moved
Hey guys

My Galaxy S2 which was sim free (factory unlocked) has developed a fault.

Basically my battery run out of charge yesterday and I got home and put it on charge, I turned the phone on once fully charged but it didn't register my sim being in.

I have turned my phone of/on about 10 times now.

I have done a factory reset on the handset and it is still not reading my sim.

The strange thing is that when enter *#06# the IMEI number is not in the box, it is just blank? ?

I have tried another sim in my phone and it doesnt pick up any other sims either!

Any idea what is wrong with my phone. The strange thing is that when I tried to restart my phone one of the many times yesterday the phone kept coming up with an error similiar to this

images

It just keep re-opening everytime I pressed the close button on screen.

I rebooted and it kept doing it, then after about 3 resets it seemed to dissapear, but the phone is still not picking up my sim card.

Any ideas what is wrong with my phone.

Seems that your EFS file may have got corrupted somehow, This holds your IMEI etc.

Is the phone rooted or got a custom rom installed? If so have a poke around in explorer to see if you have a EFS backup.

EFS corruption is instant RMA time. Simplistic version - your SIM(s) isn't working because it's asking the phone for the IMEI - phone is supplying a blank one - SIM can't authenticate with the network with that rubbish and thus no network connection. Phone up Samsung, I think the number is +44(0)1932 454358 (local number), The internal orange web pages say the number is 08456 7267864 alternatively. Open 8am-6pm. Whatever you do keep a copy of your IMEI for reference by the way, and the serial for the phone.

Edit: Flashing will not fix your EFS by the way, that's not an option. We know you didn't flash too, you're still using TouchWiz ;)

Last edited:
try to recover your IMEI.. :] i might be blocked? or the IMEI got messed up somehow... there are threads on xda forums on how to do it

If the IMEI was blocked then his IMEI would still be there but not have network access.

Samsung standard IMEI is 00449 IIRC

On your phone dialer if you type: *#06#

What number comes up? Blank?

Screenshot_2012-02-29-17-23-03.png

My SGS2 CM9 ICS :)

This keeps happening to me, but only if I let the phone totally run out of power.
I find the trick is to remove the battery and sim card, then re-assemble it and it works.
Bloody annoying.

Moisture in an exposed port LMAO. I would phone Samsung and complain about the company.

Hopefully you removed all your personal data before you sent the phone in right (like pictures, email accounts etc etc.)

Back
Top Bottom