My MR2 Turbo MPG Record!

Soldato
When I went up to wolverhampton and back I spent most of time on cruise control at 90 with blasts upto 140mph (on the private bits of road that I own on route of course) and I got 380miles out of 60ltrs thats about 28.78mpg whith the computer reading 28.4

Now if I had stuck to the speed limit I could have easily cracked 450mpg!!

I love the overdrive 6th gear

The last tank which contained mixed 70mph and town driving I got 240miles which equals 18.18mpg with the computer reading 18.1mpg

The car will do 36mpg (when the car was deliverd by the dealer he had it at 32mpg from the drive down) at around the 55mph mark (its almost on tickover :p) which will give a 475 mile range.

When I have ragged it I have seen 7mpg which would get me a massive 92.4

This is such a versitile car!

Soldato
Zip said:
Whats the mrk1 MR2 like with fuel guzling?
Anything good like what your showing with the mrk2?

Seems to vary a fair bit, some people can get 35mpg on a long run, personally my best was 29mpg over around 180 miles to my dads and back, that wasn't motorways though, a-roads all the way, on the motorway at 60-70 i would imagine it would be a bit better, i can never keep to 70 or so though :p

Soldato
I've used around 2.5-3 gallons at the moment and got 140 miles, and I haven't been hanging around! Mine doesn't seem to mind going 70 instead of 55, gets me an extra few miles on a tank at best.

Soldato
Ahh. Yeah, I normally get 70-80 miles to a tenner when driving to work everyday.

The 400 miles to a tank was when I went to Combe. Quite suprised actually.

Soldato
OP
On for another record, had a slight hole in my exhaust fixed and so far I have done 150miles and used just over 1/4 of a tank :eek: and I wasnt trying for some of the trip. If all goes well I think I will see over 400miles from this tank. :D

Have to post some more pics when I get home.

Soldato
OP
May have cheated abit, when I filled it up I really did fill it up. :D

I did have a bit of fun and did get upto 70 odd or so a few times and did boost away from a MK1 MR2. Had to have some fun. :p

Might get abit more if I actually took the camping and other crap out of my boot.

TripleT said:
Keep these good mpg's coming - you're spurring me on to actually getting round to replacing my lambda sensor :p
Get it fixed asap, the money you will spend on the sensor you might save in petrol. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom