My new car (Warning: Uncool 5 door action inside)

Soldato
OP
It does have the MMT6 yeah, and you don't really push down, you just go all the way to the left, then up, which doesn't happen when it's stone cold unless you go into, say, 3rd then 5th first. Not the end of the world but it'd be nice to see if it can be improved with an oil change/linkage adjustment

Soldato
OP
Just in case anyone's interested, Ford have diagnosed the gear issue and say the car needs a new clutch. So one's being fitted under warranty next Monday! Let's hope it fixes it, and if it doesn't, I get a shiny new clutch anyway :p

Soldato
are they doing the DMF too? They arent as prone to failure as the dagadags, they can still fail - so worth doing while theyre in there

Soldato
How queer, I could have been sure i replied to that!

I don't use msn a great deal, especially not these days as most of my surfing is done on the iPad :)

Will probably be back on the laptop later, got an SQL script to write and test and it wouldn't be much fun on here

Soldato
OP
Soldato
First one if you want remote, second if you don't. Don't need both

Get the Bosch fascia from bluespot, it's a million times better than the other ones

Soldato
I *think* you will need both. Not 100% but i don't believe the ISO's on the Mondeo are standard size (I.E plug straight into aftermarket HU).

/edit - Must be wrong, iain will know best as he did the aftermarket HU route ;)

Not sure on Fascia Adapters, Autoleads IMHO are overpriced, i wouldn't see anything wrong in one from eBay (i'd get one with a cubby hole if its single din your after, though!).

Soldato
OP
Thanks Iain, ah yes I have the bluespot one bookmarked. How does it stay clipped in to the console?

Phil I thought you had an aftermarket HU, sorry!

Last edited:
Soldato
It latches on over the bottom of the console and there are 2 moulded plastic clips on the top. The flat ones have 4 metal clips that push onto plastic lugs and will fall off within seconds.

You definitely only need one cable as the remote is part of the quad lock connector so it's just one connector back there. The only reason for you to get the cheap one is to save money.

This is the kit I had in mine and sold when i got rid of the car

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260584187868&ssPageName=ADME:L:EOISSA:GB:1123

Soldato
Oh one other thing.. How do I stop the jacking point covers from feeling like they're about to drop off? :p

Take them off and drill a hole in the corner, then run a thin cable tie through it and around part of the subframe.

Note: You will need to carry a small pencil case in the boot with a couple of cable ties and some scissors in the event you will need to remove them.

Soldato
Found this morning its quite tricky to get into reverse and sometimes 1st when the box is stone cold. After a bit of fiddling it'll go in, and after a moment of driving, the box is slick as anything. I'm taking it for Ford to look at hopefully under warranty on Friday, is it likely to be anything more serious than the gearbox oil or linkage?

Mine is a bit stiff when it's cold. A bit of oil will help, but in the winter, finding reverse can be a bit tricky.

The thing is, it isn't "out and right" like in the 1 series, move like "out right and up" if that makes sense.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom