My poor little angel is not well

Soldato
Spoke to you on msn about but I hope she gets well soon mate, im sure she will. She's grown so much since i last saw her! and she has lots of hair!

Give my love to Steph, and tell junior to behave himself :)

Soldato
dam sorry to hear mate, been in hospital myself over the Christmas period in the past and it's not a good experience :( heres hoping for a good 2007

Man of Honour
I've had to rush one of mine off to the hospital before with similar symptoms and it turned out ok in the end, hope its nothing serious not sure what I would do if something like that happened.

Only thing I can advise is keep calm and be the rock steady dad that your family depends on, you will need a clear head and I know its hard to keep the worry from affecting your moods but try your best, last thing you or your family need is for you to lose it.

Might just be a virus or a chest infection, but you did the right thing getting her to hospital as quickly as you did.

Has she had her MMR and all her vaccinations so far?

Anyway I hope everything turns out ok for you and your little one, must be heartbreaking especially at this time of year :(

Associate
Best wishes mate to you and your family. I had a similar panic this xmas, my 6 month old girl was throwing up (both ends) and also teething with a high temp as well. I was flapping big style, calling NHS and driving everywhere to get medicene.
She is in the best place, they know exactly what to do and what to look out for. Us dads just panic

Associate
OP
Just got home and the latest is still not good

breaths per minute are running into the 80's per minute where they should be 40's

Pulse is still high in the 130 bpm where it should be 90's

After the x-rays ect they have said she has a cheast infection , viral infection , infection on the lungs and tonsilitus (sp?)

She is now still having all the above mentioned plus she was just about to go on a drip as i was leaving and has to wear an oxygen tube up her nose and started on antibiotics

Soldato
Chin up mate, she's in the best place. They'll get her sorted.

I've got an 11 month old, she had a viral chest infection around 2 months ago.....

Soldato
chin up buddy

she's in the best place, and despite what people think of the nhs kids in this country get some of the best care in the world, our youngest had 2 and a bit weeks in yorkhill last year so i can understand where your coming from.

best thing to do if you want to spend a bit of time up the hossy is arrange with the missus to take it in shifts, this way there will be somewhere with her lil un as much as poss.

fingers crossed m8 our thoughts are with you

Associate
At least they now know what it is, and she's in the best possible place to treat it all. Again I wish her a very speedy recovery so she can get home and play with her new christmas toys.

Soldato
Shes in the best possible place Skywalker with people that know what there doing. Is there no chance a mate or a member of family could come over to your place to keep you company, remember children are tough little people my nephews have been in and out of hospital in the past with very serious astma but they got through it ok im sure your little girl willl be fine take care.

Soldato
High breath / minute and pulse rate are because she has the infections - once the antibiotics kick in that'll settle again.

She'll get better over night, kids do at that age, so don't worry about it.

Has her temperature come down?

Associate
OP
^TANK^ said:
Is there no chance a mate or a member of family could come over to your place to keep you company,

My father traveled 160 odd miles on his fireblade this morning but hes to tiered to stay up - I wont be sleeping again because the wife is not here next to me

MrSix said:
High breath / minute and pulse rate are because she has the infections - once the antibiotics kick in that'll settle again.

She'll get better over night, kids do at that age, so don't worry about it.

Has her temperature come down?

Her temperature is pretty much the same as it has been all the way through

Back
Top Bottom