My silly old overpriced Nissan thread. S15 content here.

Looks good with gold imo.

There was a yellow S15 with black wheels parked up at my local Asda. Parked next to a stanced 350Z I'd have taken either of the two!

Saw a green S14a on Friday too and I coud marry that front end :(

They are 8j/9j +35, it only looks whack because it's on stilts. When it's lowered and on smaller tyres it will look alright.

The yellow one in Scotland is Mints missus, she's a very attractive lady you should stick around and see :p

Last edited:
Funny that you've picked up this today, a guy on Scoobynet has picked up his imported Impreza S202 today also.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with it :)

I work with the guy who imported the S202.. Cant wait to have a go of it!

Anyways, been looking at S14A's myself and will be getting one. Whats there to look out for and whats it like to get 300hp out of? Any tips and tricks etc? Cheers guys. (Sorry to hijack the thread)

Watch out for rust, they can easily turn to rot boxes. Engine wise they are pretty solid but VVT rattle is a nuisance and blocked oil spray bars are bad news, frequent oil changes a must. Don't buy one that's been modded on the cheap, it will go bad.

Getting 300 out of it, you need a Walbro 255, FMIC, full exhaust and a tune. Beware though, 300 is running the stock turbo, injectors and MAF almost to the limits.

Then it seems reasonable, providing the condition is as good as the photos suggest. For me, I would be more interested to see bucket seat, coilovers and arms. The engine is ready to go to gt2871r/3071r with just a tune though, which is handy I suppose. I guess a mint S14 is a rarity though so you take what you can get.

Looks good with gold imo.

There was a yellow S15 with black wheels parked up at my local Asda. Parked next to a stanced 350Z I'd have taken either of the two!

Saw a green S14a on Friday too and I coud marry that front end :(

That'll be

558863_736110669737440_408114161_n.jpg

and

1380797_387787338015667_898489956_n.jpg

?

I think PS13's are my favourite S-body cars, but they're getting into silly money now. S14a's come in a close second.

Getting 300 out of it, you need a Walbro 255, FMIC, full exhaust and a tune. Beware though, 300 is running the stock turbo, injectors and MAF almost to the limits.

300 is beyond the stock injectors and I wouldn't risk it on an original turbo. With the mod's mentioned you'd be doing well to make 280. My s14 made 275 with those mods and an Apexi filter running 16 psi.

Yellow one is not the same that I was thinking. Agreed on PS13, love them and would have one any day. Problem is they are old and finding a clean example is near impossible even in Japan. Those that exist command a high price. This looks perfect to me though, a true JDM classic.
jX0C1Qw.jpg
To me, 14s are to Silvias what R33 are to Skylines, bland looking is the kindest thing I could say. Best thing is to donate all their engines to NA 15s ;)

Not sure on the injectors, I know my friends auto s15 (they have 370s) runs to 330hp, could have changed them out I suppose but I don't think so. One thing I do know is the box crapped itself really quick :p

Jez (Horsham development bloke) reckons 290bhp is pushing it on stock 370cc injectors, s15's are 440cc and they're supposedly on the limit at about 320bhp. Nismo 555's are the generally accepted only worthwhile upgrade. For what it's worth the best upgrade I did to mine was replacing the stock turbo elbow as it allowed it to spool up far quicker.

Will do that yeah, the stock one is tiny isn't it, need a front pipe and decat pipe too. I've got to say though, the thing spooled up rapid style anyway on the test drive.

Progress report.

Got MOT today, no advisories which was nice. Can now register it at my leisure.

Bought some BC racing BR coilovers, so next week the car will be lowered. Thank the lord, the car was the highest thing in a car park full of old man Volvos today, not good!

Bought a zenki s14 wiring loom with the hope of doing some trickery and getting the new engine going. The guy pulled out of the sale after it was supposedly signed and sealed, not happy, they are not easy to find.

This puts me in a bit of a dillema. Should I continue searching for one and face the hassle of having to chop up two looms to make a working one, or do I pay Garage D over £300 for a factory Spec-R ecu and loom? The latter option is by far the easiest, simply plug and play. It would also mean I could sell the Spec-S motor set complete, which would cover the cost.

Back
Top Bottom