My silly old overpriced Nissan thread. S15 content here.

Well, I finally got those pesky dash bulbs replaced. Possibly the least interesting aspect of the car lol.
Before.
20131030_211223.jpg

After.
20131118_150619.jpg

Better, honestly though it's still dim as heck, the rest of the dash illumination is dim as well as the cluster. I'm sure they are not getting the full 12v, car doesn't have a dimmer either, will investigate this further as honestly it's a bit annoying.

Onto the wheels, I can't decide what colour I should get them done in. White or gold?

White..
car.jpg

Gold..
avs6.jpg~original

On a black body of course. What are your opinions?

I've considered that, but these are lightweight tuner wheels and were never available in silver originally. Maybe it will look too bland?

Those lights definitely look 90s..for the age of the car it does look pretty modern, especially if you change the lights to something such as this:

ss14.png

Hopefully you won't be fitting such a nasty rear bumper :p

I've always liked white on black on S14s and 15s. I much prefer the badge removal on the rear as well, definitely looks more cluttered with the 2 there and I didn't realise it was there as standard, I guess a lot of S15 owners remove them.

There's that and also the fact that S15s are rather rare :p.

Keep up the good work sir :)

Better, honestly though it's still dim as heck, the rest of the dash illumination is dim as well as the cluster. I'm sure they are not getting the full 12v, car doesn't have a dimmer either, will investigate this further as honestly it's a bit annoying.

I think this is a JDM thing and a difference of cultures. My Toyota doesn't have a dimmer either (Whereas UK spec does) and the stock dash illumination was very dim but I have plasma dials now and Led's for needles.

Also white wheels are okay if they are 5 spoke or less. Any more and it would be a pain cleaning them.

Last edited:
Went to check out the engine today, seems great. What I heard about the t28r is true, spools fast, basically doesn't have any lag. Power is good too, that mad little s13 would light up 3rd as it came on cam, with only 0.7bar. I think this motor in my 15 is going to be a beautiful thing. Should be on a pallet tomorrow :)

Nice, but I think you're insane spending all the money making it into a Spec R, considering the price of some of the parts!

Will watch nonetheless, nearly dropped 10k on a Spec-R import a year or so again, but decided against it!

Defo looks better without the badge, looked like an after thought stuck on beforehand.
[TW]Fox;25244957 said:
I dont understand, why don't you want people to know it's a Nissan?
I don't understand why people like yourselves always assume that this is the only reason people would want to debadge a car. How about this -- I have left the Nissan badge on my car but removed the 200SX badge. Is it because I don't want people to know it's a 200SX? :p
Onto the wheels, I can't decide what colour I should get them done in. White or gold?

White..

Gold..

On a black body of course. What are your opinions?

Gold on black looks awesome, and as said above white on black will become filthy after 5 mins. Gold on black will of course also look filthy after 5 mins but those 5 mins will be pure awesome :p
[TW]Fox;25330756 said:
Silver wheels.
It does make me smile that your OEM obsessed nature seemingly cannot deal with car modification threads like these :p

Went to check out the engine today, seems great. What I heard about the t28r is true, spools fast, basically doesn't have any lag. Power is good too, that mad little s13 would light up 3rd as it came on cam, with only 0.7bar. I think this motor in my 15 is going to be a beautiful thing. Should be on a pallet tomorrow :)
You didn't fancy trying out one of the new GTX2867Rs? I am itching to get one of those bolted onto my SR :D

Back
Top Bottom