Needed: Upgrade advice for a Useless individual!

Whys it a killer?? :eek::eek::eek:
Because it's going to warp your socket and kill your DIMM slots - and that's after you've dropped it several times onto the motherboard while trying to fit it onto the bracket

Or...

We bought it to reduce your temps, increase your chances of hitting 4.3Ghz at 1.3'ish volts and in the process gain some confidence about your hardware and fitting a cooler. While i try my damnedest to give you as much information/youtube clips to give you the confidence to fit it without you stressing too much.

Pick one. :D

I'll pick the latter..
I'm fairly confident I can fit this without too much hassle, seems reasonably easy without taking out too much of my pc. I've got some 70% IPA alcohol wipes, I presume they're okay?!

I'll pick the latter..
I'm fairly confident I can fit this without too much hassle, seems reasonably easy without taking out too much of my pc. I've got some 70% IPA alcohol wipes, I presume they're okay?!
Yes, they'll do the job.

Wipe as much of the excess off with coffee filter/paper towel/cotton buds first. Then wipe remaining residue off with the wipes - leaving the surface spangly clean.

Before you do this you may want to make a note of your present idle temps and then do a quick prime 95 run - 3 minutes - and make note of your load temps for comparison purposes for when the brick with attached fan is strapped to your CPU.

Have you looked at it yet?

This trip was far more successful, survived the monkeys AND had air con,

Last year was slightly different, one almost passing out girlfriend from the heat and a rear brake light pulled out by a tailed fiend

Wish i could see you face when you unbox it. Get your girlie to take a pic :D (i edited previous post)

This trip was far more successful, survived the monkeys AND had air con
You must like your wildlife - we've been once no plans to go back due to:

Last year was slightly different, one almost passing out girlfriend from the heat and a rear brake light pulled out by a tailed fiend
Except they knicked my rear wiper and my little girl was terrified no matter how hard we tried to calm her. Probably one of the fastest safari visits in history...

Hahaha oh dear!!! Sounds traumatic, did the soothing meerkats assist afterwards??
Nope - straight out and onto Centre Parks - where i cried at the prices of bowling and other activities that weren't free :/

Plus, i spent the whole time trying to save my children from water inhalation as they insisted on going round a perpetual, circulating drowning slide/ring thingy.

More of an endurance test than a holiday - the bars helped and they delivered beer to your door!

Despite their attempts to get me drunk - we're never going there again either...

It certainly had an impression on you! Me also as the drive back took 4 hours due to traffic near some old stones stuck in a formation

near some old stones stuck in a formation
One of those bricks has been lifted and is now in box disguised as heatsink in your house.

You gotta get a pic of your face when you open it.

Ms Nathan's girlfriend - take a picture of his face as he opens it.

Working shifts has me naturally up at 8 latest most days so it'll most likely be morning morning!!
Off to beddy byes as of now though. Ready for pain and crying tomorrow :eek:;);)

Back
Top Bottom