Needed: Upgrade advice for a Useless individual!

We can almost definitely get 4.3GHz stable - it depends on the voltages it needs - but it will also depend on that Heatsink - it should do the job...

You can hit 4.3Ghz with stock heatsink in a lot of cases - if the relative vCore is low.

Okay, i'll hopefully catch up with you later, thanks for the help so far!

No worries - we'll get there. This was dipping our toe in the water to get figures...

Plus, we're going for a (hopefully) a simple clock - so even if the heatsink is a bit weak the voltages we'll end up with at 4.3GHz it should be able to handle.

On my phone now on the way to the football! You can't get rid of me that easily! To cancel the current values we have I can just uncheck the OC tuner to automatic again can't I? As all changed settings were under that

Heh, I'm on my tablet (Nexus - you haven't reduced me to drugs).

Yes, you can just uncheck - but what i think we'll do is drop the clock to 4.2GHz and set the core voltage to 1.25v and have a play...

Your chip will easily do 4.3Ghz - but i think we should pay with 4.2 first as that will usually run on low vCore. I'm looking at your temps on stock and comparing the voltages you gave me...

Ah perfect, so for the future reference,
The value I put 43 in would I just put 42? And then find the Cvoltage box and put a 1.25 and see what happens

I'm hoping we drop to as close to 1.2v as possible.

But i had/have a very agreeable 2500k - yours maybe more hungry.

Okay, I'll let you know when I'm on my way back and I'll set those two values when I get back onto the bios.
If you have time that is,

Cheers

I'm out and about now - but will probably be back before you, so will keep a look out.

Hope your team wins - as long as it's not Portsmouth or Man U/Mourinho (they won yesterday - but philosophy stays the same) ;)

Yep :)

Could be worse, technically, i should be an Aston Villa fan - moved as a baby and grew up near Southampton. Since 1976 - FA cup win under Lawrie Mcmenemy - i was bought the celebratory shirt when i was a toddler. Supported them ever since - from my sofa...

Even further south now - i occasionally watch an Exeter City game with my Nephew.

Very envious - great day for a match and should be a great atmosphere at home on a bank holiday.

Ooops - just about to post and got a score update... :/

Ignore the below – I’ve just compiled all the relevant info from previous posts into one post for my reference:

o GPU: GeForce GTX 560 Ti (My opinion of what the issue may be)
o CPU: i5-2500k 3.30ghz
o Memory: 8gb Ram
o Power Supply: 600W Quiet 80 Plus QUAD Rail PSU +120 mm Case fan Titan Universal CPU Cooler
o Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LX
o Case InWIN MANA-136 Case

Ten minute test Prime95:
Temperature rose slowly to a maximum of 66-68-69-68. There was a very slight increase in fan noise.

CPU-z - CPU at stock

Idle:
Core speed: 1604.21mhz
Multiplier: x16 (16-37)
Core Voltage: 0.900 ish

Under test:
Core Speed: 3408.94
Multiplier: x34 (16-37)
Core Voltage: 1.190

XMP-1600:
Frequency: 800mhz
Cas# Latency: 9.0
Ras# to Cas#: 9
Ras# Precharge: 9
tRAC: 27
tRC: 36
Voltage: 1.650v

Slot 1: Kingston - KHX1600C9D3/2GX
Slot:3: Kingston - KHX1600C9D3/2GX
Slot 4: Crucial Technology - CT51264BA160B.M16F

BIOS auto settings:
CPU voltage: 1.104v
DRAM voltage: 1.500v
VCCSA : 1.050V
PCH: 1.050v

Initial test for a bench mark: core voltage hits 1.344v @ 4.3 on auto – temps predictably pants and chip thermal throttling.

Try 4.2 and get as close to 1.2v as possible....

Shame we couldn't turn it around, Wednesday disgraceful in sportsman ship and the officials were dreadful.. should be safe now for next season though

Back
Top Bottom