Nerds assemble! Raspberry pi close to launch date.

So you concide that it's small then? And that the current version is actually even smaller?

How can I 'concide' (sic) something if I never claimed the opposite was true?

I'm not a ***** and only run around in a T-shirt, a gentlemen goes out properly dressed ;):p

So people who don't wear jackets in the summer are ******, hmmmm OK.

Never said to was too heavy, i said less convenient

Convenience is subjective

Yes and great when you travelling by car, air or train. I've yet to see someone carry around a 55" LCD TV on a train yet

Eh? We're talking about moving it not using it whilst on the move (which btw is another reason a tablet/netbook is better because you can use it on the move and at the end destination).

But anyway, what's your point here the raspberry is great for people who mainly travel on skateboards (like the kids they were designed for)?

So people in your world won't be able to use things for what's not intended for? Dumb

You've missed the point which is you probably already own technology that is capable of doing what you want it for so this is redundant in that aspect.

I already said I can see why someone who doesn't currently own a form of portable computing would want to get one as they are so cheap. I can't understand why people who already have a high end smart phone or tablet would (other than the novelty value of it).

The fact it wasn't desgined to be a portable media player is important, even if it can technically act as one. Furture support and upgradeability is one factor for example.

Depends entirely on the person and not what they have

Well we'll see in a year's time if anyone on here is still using theres.

What an earth is your problem estebanrey? No need to be so hostile to people who enjoy messing around with computers as a hobby. So what if it was not designed to be a portable media player. It was designed to be a lightweight, ultra small computing platform suited for schools and as a learning / teaching tool. Missions acomplished. So what if people are using them how they want to.

Ever used a screwdriver to pry the tops of paint tins off? To chip away wall plaster? They are not designed to do any of that, but people do. Live with it.

Anyway, you cannot make calls on your phone while it is plugged into the TV playing your media. Neither can you text.

What an earth is your problem estebanrey? No need to be so hostile to people who enjoy messing around with computers as a hobby.

I don't think my comments have been any more hostile than the ones they were in reply to. I'm not the one calling other people 'dumb' like I have been called, so maybe you should take a step back and look at the posts I'm replying to in an unbiased manner before accusing me of being the hostile one.

Anyway, you cannot make calls on your phone while it is plugged into the TV playing your media. Neither can you text.

Surely that depends on your phone, there is no technological reason why you wouldn't be able to.

Besides, if you watching a movie why would you want to make texts or calls?

I don't think my comments have been any more hostile than the ones they were in reply to. I'm not the one calling other people 'dumb' like I have been called, so maybe you should take a step back and look at the posts I'm replying to in an unbiased manner before accusing me of being the hostile one.

You're being obtuse.. The pic you link to is an out of date prototype yet you chose to ignore my post.

What is your point exactly?

Its a 27 quid device that plays 1080p and DTS audio over HDMI.

I've heard a fair bit on the news about them.

Didn't think much of them until this thread popped up on the first page.

Registered my interest and hope to buy one just to mess around on :).

Its a 27 quid device that plays 1080p and DTS audio over HDMI.

As I keep saying, the chances are you already have equipment that can do this already and if you haven't then it's a cheap way of doing so.

I just don't get this weird world people live in where all their friends and places they go don't already have equipment capable of playing HD video. I can't think of one friend that I know that doesn't already have the capability to play 1080p video should I choose to take a format to them.

As I keep saying, the chances are you already have equipment that can do this already and if you haven't then it's a cheap way of doing so.

I just don't get this weird world people live in where all their friends and places they go don't already have equipment capable of playing HD video. I can't think of one friend that I know that doesn't already have the capability to play 1080p video should I choose to take a format to them.

Subjectivity, read up on it.

Back
Top Bottom