Netflix here we go again.

Soldato
I switch as and when, I cancelled Netflix recently, now subbed to disney for a few months, have prime always, as use the postage quite often.

That Paramount + launch was abysmal, did the week trial and then closed my account fully (request via email support).

Caporegime
Just watched that video and it's largely garbage.

He gave less than a minute to their competitors and pricing model and instead focused on what appears to be his own agenda which was Blackrock and woke content.

Of all of my friends and family, not one has dropped Netflix for anything other than pricing compared to other streaming platforms.

Soldato
Trakt is useful. I update my Trakt via the TV Show Tracker app which has all the shows and movies I am watching. I simply tick off each one in the app once I've watched it and it then updates my Trakt history. So that covers shows on iplayer, ITV, Prime, Netflix, HULU etc etc. Trakt for me is just the central hub that the app keeps up to date via the API.
Agreed. Same here. I always find it odd when people comment they didn't realise a show had come back. If a show comes back on that I watch, it will appear on my to do list widget.

Soldato
1 million out of 221 million is 0.45%, price rises are quite a bit more than that so I don't think they're anywhere near the crossover point.
I suspect it will end up being an exponential reduction in people leaving. Whole I've not looked into it, I'm assuming the price rises ate always the same percentage increase worldwide?

Caporegime
Soon going to be coming back to Netflix.

Had Disney 3 months and already onto the dregs.

By end of August there will be more shows I want to watch on Netflix than I have watched on D+

This will be likely how I go Forward.
Netflix 9 months of the year. Streaming service "other" for 3 months.

The others just do not have the content to be anything other than a filler.

Soldato
At some point though, there's got to be a crossover and I suspect they're very close to that if they keep pushing with these stupid ideas and price rises.

If they increase prices by £1 (they actually did $2 in the US) they gain £200m+
If they lose 1m customers in the process they lose £6-10m (depending on what package they were on, but I'm guessing the cheaper tiers are the most likely to quit completely rather than just downgrade).

They would have to lose 20 million subscribers for it to be mathematically a bad idea.

With that $2 US increase those numbers would be doubled, so they'd have to lose closer to 40m subscribers for them to be worse off.

No the price rises are not percentage based.

Soldato
If they increase prices by £1 (they actually did $2 in the US) they gain £200m+
If they lose 1m customers in the process they lose £6-10m (depending on what package they were on, but I'm guessing the cheaper tiers are the most likely to quit completely rather than just downgrade).

They would have to lose 20 million subscribers for it to be mathematically a bad idea.

With that $2 US increase those numbers would be doubled, so they'd have to lose closer to 40m subscribers for them to be worse off.

No the price rises are not percentage based.
It is the most expensive streaming service now though, it will be the first one that people drop (especially when a lot of the new content seems poor).

Soldato
It is the most expensive streaming service now though, it will be the first one that people drop (especially when a lot of the new content seems poor).

I'm not really in a position to argue subjectives. I haven't seen anything newsworthy that suggests they've lost 25% of their subs so not really sure what point you're trying to make now.

Personally I've always only subbed for a month at a time when there's enough (e.g. several) seasons on a particular service, currently I'm subbed only to Netflix because it does have content I'm watching. Disney and Amazon I've cancelled as there's nothing new I want right now. I was under the impression a lot of people do it that way. £1 either way is going to make zero difference if you do it that way.

Soldato
Just watched that video and it's largely garbage.

He gave less than a minute to their competitors and pricing model and instead focused on what appears to be his own agenda which was Blackrock and woke content.

Of all of my friends and family, not one has dropped Netflix for anything other than pricing compared to other streaming platforms.

Woke content is defiantly a factor as I know several people who cancelled because of that reason. Just because you travel in a different circle doesn't mean it's true or makes the other thing unture

Caporegime

See I think its the best streaming service. Its not the cost that made me drop it. Its that I ran out of content to watch.

I'd probably pay a bit more than the current sub. But same amount per year. I'd pay if content was there.

Think netlifx, if coming fresh from no streaming, is leagues ahead in content vs other streamers for what I like.

Soldato
Surely you just don’t watch the handful of programs that feature ’woke’ content rather than cancel because of it.

If there's hardly anything else to watch because a majority of it is woke then why keep a service that's hardly used? It's the reason I canceled my TV Licence after they sacked the Top Gear trio. After that it was only the Nature Docs that was worth it and I usually buy them on Blu-Ray or UHD anyway so I just wait to watch them there.

Back
Top Bottom