Netgear D7000 VDSL modem/router

Associate
Hi,

Here's what I suggest. Go over to the SkyUser forum:

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/extracting-sky-router-passwords/59028-simple-tool-extracting-username-password-your-router.html

In that message you will find download links two two programs, choose the one you want to use, the explanations of the two are there. Download the pdf from that page too. Read the pdf, run the program.

The program will give you all the correct info from your existing Sky router, Username password, Option 60 field AND the correct MAC address to use.

Enter those details into the D7000 and fire it up.

See how you get on.

Associate
So have you configured your D7000 to access IPTV on the current firmware then? It wouldn't work for me even changing the ISP to BT hence all the palaver getting the test firmware which finally resolved the matter.

My ISP is not Plusnet, my ISP is BT and IPTV works for me with both normal firmware and Test Firmware.

Associate
regarding the issue with the users at ECI cabinets only ... where the snr drops & never recovers

Is possible at this modem to disable the SRA, dynamic sos and try again? (bit swap needs on)

If this helps then netgear should allow some more settings in the menu to allow changes for the users with issues

Associate
regarding the issue with the users at ECI cabinets only ... where the snr drops & never recovers

Is possible at this modem to disable the SRA, dynamic sos and try again? (bit swap needs on)

If this helps then netgear should allow some more settings in the menu to allow changes for the users with issues

SRA is off by default.

There are four options under WAN Setup.

bitswap - On by default
sra - off by default
trellis - on my default
sesdrop = off by default.

These options may only be available in the beta firmware version, but check.

Associate
Hi i don't have the modem just was wondering if users at ECI cabinets playing with these settings will help regarding the drops of snr

also is possible some one has the unit to add a screenshot for me to see what looks like the statistics page? (errored seconds, snr, crc, line attenuation etc

thanks

Associate
I dont think there are many suffering this issue. From what I can gether from this and other forums those having problems with the D7000 are a very tiny minority. In fact I have only seen a couple.

Soldato
Several people here have binned the DSL-ac68 and are happy now with the D7000. Don't see any going the other way.

Any reason to save a bit more for the D7800?

Specs seem better but would they make any real world difference in a small house with several wired and numerous wireless devices?

Associate
Any reason to save a bit more for the D7800?

Specs seem better but would they make any real world difference in a small house with several wired and numerous wireless devices?

I can think of a reason why not, it's not broadcom based. But as I have not used one I might be being unfair.

Soldato
I can think of a reason why not, it's not broadcom based. But as I have not used one I might be being unfair.

The D7800 isn't Broadcom based?

I'm guessing this is the dogs at the moment then? Forgive my ignorance with routers and modems. Tried to stay away from it after going grey with o2 broadband...

Soldato
Hmmmm reading this thread I've come to realise that I have an ECI cabinet. Does this matter when choosing a D7800 or D7000?

One being lantiq and the other huawei.

Associate
Hmmmm reading this thread I've come to realise that I have an ECI cabinet. Does this matter when choosing a D7800 or D7000?

One being lantiq and the other huawei.

Indeed.

What speed are you currently connecting at?

Do you know what your SNR values are?

If you're on an ECI cab you can forget G.Inp too, unless somethings changed in the last couple of weeks.... I'll go take a look!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom