New 144hz 4k monitor spotted, INSANE PRICES!!!

Soldato
People are brilliant at claiming they see a difference when they know which TV is 4K and which is 1080P. I haven't found anyone yet who actually could when they didn't know.

Try looking at uncompressed animated features. An uncompressed feature at natively animated at 4K and displayed at 4K is notably different from a 4k or 1080p one on a 1080p display. A big leveller is the compression used in broadcasts.

Soldato
Those charts are a rough guideline as it depends on your eyesight but I would bet any money from 12ft away you would not be able to tell the difference between 4K and 1080P. People are brilliant at claiming they see a difference when they know which TV is 4K and which is 1080P. I haven't found anyone yet who actually could when they didn't know.

If you really want to see the full benefit of 4K you should sit as close to the recommended distance as possible. As you move further away from that, you will still be able to see more detail than 1080P but less than 4K until you move far enough away so that 4K and 1080P look the same.

But 12 ft is much too far away so it is a bit of a pointless argument! You could argue that if you sit 25 metres from the TV, you could not tell 480p from 4k. If you sit 50 miles from TV you could not tell if the TV was switched on.

Soldato
But 12 ft is much too far away so it is a bit of a pointless argument! You could argue that if you sit 25 metres from the TV, you could not tell 480p from 4k. If you sit 50 miles from TV you could not tell if the TV was switched on.

You are the one the used the phrase "at any distance"

Soldato
But 12 ft is much too far away so it is a bit of a pointless argument.
In my case your claim much too far away is pointless, In our lounge we are seated on the sofa about 16 feet from a 42 inch 1080p tv and at that distance and even nearer the eye smooths out the image anyway, most know the new tech improves slightly on the previous but at diminishing returns. The only way is to try before you buy but the problem is finding somewhere or someone who is willing to do a proper full test on windows 10, typical lol.

Soldato
In my case your claim much too far away is pointless, In our lounge we are seated on the sofa about 16 feet from a 42 inch 1080p tv and at that distance and even nearer the eye smooths out the image anyway, most know the new tech improves slightly on the previous but at diminishing returns. The only way is to try before you buy but the problem is finding somewhere or someone who is willing to do a proper full test on windows 10, typical lol.

Well no offence but watching a 42" at 16 feet is not exactly ideal lol.

Soldato
Well no offence but watching a 42" at 16 feet is not exactly ideal lol.
It's perhaps not for everyone, that's why personal comfortable view distance is a preference, there appears to be no one size fits all, it's like that with many things. If the tv stops working then I would most likely be buying 3840x2160 tv, 1920x1080 does me fine, I don't believe I am missing out because of the higher resolution and hdr has mixed opinions. Going back to pc monitors though I would like to upgrade but can't find the monitor I want at the price I am prepared to pay, these upper echelon pc monitors are way too expensive for me, I think they are more for the enthusiast who really want the latest tech no matter the cost.

Soldato
The following video popped on my youtube list. Must say, I wasn't expecting £2K monitors be so bad.

Isn't the problematic fan the same with the fan used on the FPGA chip by NVidia for the Gsync?

Soldato
I don’t think there has been a good 4K 60Hz G-Sync monitor yet, with many reports of intermittent flickering and glitches. The tech just doesn’t seem to be able to cope at this resolution. With the delays on these high refresh monitors and the cooling solution they have resorted to, it feels like they have just brute forced a solution.

Soldato
Outrageous claims are equally annoying. Basically what you mean is that you see the difference at any distance as long as you are close enough.

I do not even have good eyesight but 4k does look better at any REASONABLE distance. For example the MOON does not look very big, because it is very far away, but lets be reasonable about this here!

Soldato
I don’t think there has been a good 4K 60Hz G-Sync monitor yet, with many reports of intermittent flickering and glitches. The tech just doesn’t seem to be able to cope at this resolution. With the delays on these high refresh monitors and the cooling solution they have resorted to, it feels like they have just brute forced a solution.

Yeah crap for this price range i'd be expecting perfection for £2k or atleast not stupid things like a very cheap loud fan in the monitor (I'd be expecting a custom made heatsink for that price), plus the glitches and flickering etc... damn

Best 4k panel I've ever had was the pb287q. No G-sync but to be honest at 60hz it's not that big of a deal anyway. I swapped to a G-sync monitor a few years ago (acer 4k) and hated it in comparison.

Do miss the monitor for the price it was £400ish i think.

Associate
The following video popped on my youtube list. Must say, I wasn't expecting £2K monitors be so bad.

That's insane. You would have thought that given how these monitors are over a year late that they would have used the extra time to refine the design. Nope. They are late, expensive and garbage.

Associate
Anyone see news sites are showing listings for the ROG Swift PG65 Nvidia BFGD monitor... I'm ******* myself laughing at the price they will want to charge for that after this pair of sub par products at £2k

What I would give for Samsung to put a G-Sync module into a 65" Q9FN TV, not a cheap TV I know but I reckon it could make a interesting PC display.

Soldato
OP
Anyone see news sites are showing listings for the ROG Swift PG65 Nvidia BFGD monitor... I'm ******* myself laughing at the price they will want to charge for that after this pair of sub par products at £2k

What I would give for Samsung to put a G-Sync module into a 65" Q9FN TV, not a cheap TV I know but I reckon it could make a interesting PC display.

I'd rather nvidia just got onboard with adaptive sync and then all that money the stupid gsync module would have cost could be put towards a much better panel and internals.

Back
Top Bottom