*NEW* 2015 Dell Inspiron 15 - 7559, i7 6700HQ/GTX960M owners thread

Mine came all the way from china, straight off the production line. Said it would arrived on the 10th Feb but turned up 6 days early. Seemed to be just stuck in china on the tracker and then all of a sudden it was updated and was out for delivery.

Mine has shipped. It says "info to track your order will appear in the next 7-12 days" where the hell are they shipping it from ? I presume it's been sent by land camal to take that long.

I wish I had ordered it from a 3rd party seller now tbh and just paid the extra £50....

Mines also marked as shipped as of this morning too, though as suggested above it may arrive earlier which would be nice.

Liam.

Mine also came from China, back in October. I think I received mine a full week before the expected delivery date so fingers crossed you guys will get the same luck.

The wifi on mine was flaky out of the box. Latest driver from Intel and it's been rock solid, even in the bedroom where my tablet/phone really struggle. Wouldn't put anyone down for buying a replacement adaptor but can't see why you'd need to

Correct mate :) I ordered mine off the bay for £30.00 brand new delivered (it is originally priced as £32.99 buy it now or best offer). Out of interest where did you purchase your Crucial 8GB DDR3L stick from? I tried searching the bay / elsewhere for one originally as well but the only one I found listed was the one which is linked to Mac's which is not a problem but there was no mention of it being a DDR3L variant :(

Liam.

Crucials official website, the ine for macs is a ddr3l 8gb stick mate £30!

Mines coming the 25th!

Moogleys - i know it's no where near a 752, but it's ideal for what i need - taking to the office for lunchtime blasts, business trips or going on holiday with. A 17" true gaming laptop was probably never going to work. It's replacing an Acer Aspire 5920G that's given me very, very good service over the years.

I ordered another 8gb stick of ram from the place we don't talk about, £2 cheaper than Crucial. And a 250 GB 850 Evo SSD as well. I'll see how the wireless card performs before maybe splashing out for an 8260.

I last bought a Dell back in 2003 when I got back into gaming. The Dimension tower came from Ireland IRC.

It's replacing an Acer Aspire 5920G that's given me very, very good service over the years.

I know this model, you will be blown away by the performance of the Dell, even more so with an SSD should you install one ;)

Plowing through Tomb Raider (2013) in preparation for RotTE being £10 somewhere or other, handles it superbly, more than I expected from the 960m

Mines coming the 25th!

Moogleys - i know it's no where near a 752, but it's ideal for what i need - taking to the office for lunchtime blasts, business trips or going on holiday with. A 17" true gaming laptop was probably never going to work. It's replacing an Acer Aspire 5920G that's given me very, very good service over the years.

I ordered another 8gb stick of ram from the place we don't talk about, £2 cheaper than Crucial. And a 250 GB 850 Evo SSD as well. I'll see how the wireless card performs before maybe splashing out for an 8260.

I last bought a Dell back in 2003 when I got back into gaming. The Dimension tower came from Ireland IRC.

Tbh it's more than enough for my needs too so I have ordered one for myself too. I only really play Civ games on PC and this is more than up to the job the 752 is overkill for my needs so will move it on......

Hi there,
I bought my Dell 7559 (i7 6700HQ, GTX 960M 4GB, Full HD Display) in Spain on 12th February, € 929.08 (£ 718.68) (free shipping) and the arrival is scheduled for the 29th. (technology is a little more expensive in Spain although beer is cheaper :p )

Value per Euro seems unbeatable, even though the Spanish keyboard isn´t backlit. I used an Inspiron 1525 for more than 7 years and still retains some battery, which I think is amazing, so I have the highest expectations about the new Inspiron. (i need to use some CFD and CAD programs so my old Inspiron isn´t an option)

My only concern is whether the guarantee is maintained if you open your computer to put a M.2 SSD and another 8GB RAM stick.

Regards and sorry about my english.

Last edited:
My only concern is whether the guarantee is maintained if you open your computer to put a M.2 SSD and another 8GB RAM stick.

Regards and sorry about my english.
I think the laptop is pretty much designed with easily access for the owners in mind.

Officially would it affect your warranty by opening the base of your laptop I don't know, but I think as long as they haven't got a seal put on the screw itself and you are careful not to leave signs on the screw itself, it is impossible for Dell to tell if it has been opened or not.

Just make sure you removed your M.2 SSD and the extra memory first before sending it back should you need to RMA. Also you should leave the Windows installation on the SSHD intact.

As i am a complete gaming/laptop noob.... What is the gaming difference between 960m, 965m and 970m when mated with i7 6700 HQ and say, 16Gb RAM? Can you specify a % difference?

The 970m has a fair bit more grunt than the 960m. You can add at least another 50-60% on top of the 960m for the 970m. The 980m is just about twice the performance of the 960m if not a little more.

It all depends how much you want to spend and how big or noisy you want your laptop. For under £700 you will not get a 970m machine.

Back
Top Bottom