*NEW* 2015 Dell Inspiron 15 - 7559, i7 6700HQ/GTX960M owners thread

Mine came with Intel 7260 Wifi and a screw in the M.2 port.... I have ordered a Samsung 850 120GB and another 8GB of RAM.

Tbh I'm far more impressed with this machine than I was with the review model. The screen is a lot better almost comparable to the G752 in terms of image quality just not as bright at max but still more than bright enough. I'm not fussed on the keyboard it feels a bit cheap with a fair amount of bounce but it does the job. My son was just playing Just Cause 3 on it which ran surprisingly well.

Last edited:
ill stick my 850 EVO in it later, would I have any problems doing a clean install of windows 7 pro on this thing Moog? windows 10 just isn't my thing at all I can't stand the windows 8/10 feel tbh and I prefer knowing where everything is constantly and how to do everything than relearning with windows 10! :')

Only thing that miffed me a little on my first play was the trackpad tbh, I mean ill usually use a mouse when I can but does the trackpad improve on the updates? + I know its just lazyness but can anybody point me to the place to download all the updates and anything else anybody download for their laptop, since this is the thread about this specific laptop I assume its ok to post the links to the updates?

or atleast give me an idea of if im suppose to update bios or anything like that :D

I managed the same thing today - Jebus, what pain in the barse!
Anyway, according to the the tracking mine is going to be here tomorrow as it left Lutterworth this afternoon. My RAM and SSD arrived yesterday.

Aaaaaaaaand......no, it didn't turn up. Tracking still says departed Lutterworth yesterday and it will be delivered today. Hmmm. Could be a morning of waiting for delivery drivers tomorrow!

I'm hopeful mine turns up with an LG screen, as others recently have.

I doubt it would affect a warranty claim but you might not get them back....

Ram and hard drive upgrades aren't allowed to invalidate your warranty inside the EU, whatever they try and say.

Had MSI laptops go back for repair and get warranty stickers all over it's bottom access hatch. Punched through those merrily on the way to adding SSD/changing drives etc and later had a problem with the power socket. Not a single whisper of complaint about the warranty stickers :)

Is this still about the best deal around? I saw a couple of Medion deals on rebadged, MSI's with 970M for around £800 not so long ago (gone now sadly). But if this pops up anywhere around £650 I might have to jump on it regardless.

is it really an improvement? though like speedwise too? hmm! considering it tbh might give it a weeks trial see how I feel on it!

Yes!

I have used widows 7 since beta, then I couldnt use windows 8 until 8.1 with start is back. After using that I found 8.1 better than windows 7. Now windows 10 is even better than that. However, I still can't use it without start is back because I still prefer the windows 7 layout/options etc.

Ram and hard drive upgrades aren't allowed to invalidate your warranty inside the EU, whatever they try and say.

Had MSI laptops go back for repair and get warranty stickers all over it's bottom access hatch. Punched through those merrily on the way to adding SSD/changing drives etc and later had a problem with the power socket. Not a single whisper of complaint about the warranty stickers :)

Is this still about the best deal around? I saw a couple of Medion deals on rebadged, MSI's with 970M for around £800 not so long ago (gone now sadly). But if this pops up anywhere around £650 I might have to jump on it regardless.

The Medion is a horrible chassis. Single fan to cool the CPU & GPU which means lots of throttling. The hardware was good but not in that Chassis.

This is a great machine I have no complaints with mine which tbh is unusual for me. Everything with this machine has just worked without issue.

I have just installed the extra RAM and Samsung SSD and a fresh install of Windows using the MS iso and it worked perfect and is all activated and free from bloatware...

Very Happy

I cant find the driver updates or this windows 10 download as I was just going to download the driver updates download the windows 10 iso and freshly install it over to my ssd then install the extra RAM and go from there after the driver updates?

You can get a a clean ISO from Microsoft. It will update all the drivers with Windows update to the latest versions as well. Just make sure you have set up Windows 10 that came with the machine and logged in with your account before doing a fresh install. use the media creation tool in the link below.

You can also download the Dell ISO from Dell which restores the Laptop to it's original install. There is a link in your Dell account under the service tag and drivers & Software.

All the drivers can be had from the Dell site and logging into your account and viewing your devices or searching by the service tag. But if you don't need them just run windows update once you have installed Windows.

You can install the RAM before you install windows it will make no difference to the install.

Link to Win 10 iso file on Microsoft site..

Windows 10 iso file MS

Last edited:
I was reading about confusion whether the M.2 slot is PCi-e compatible although I knew it was Sata only I have just tried both a Samsung 951 NVME dive and a 951 AHCI PCI-e drive in the M.2 slot. Neither worked so as expected the M.2 slot is SATA only...

The things you do when you are bored.....

I thought I had to install all the drivers from the DELL website? I was just going to download all the driver install files, then leave them on my laptop in a folder transfer these onto a USB, run a fresh install of windows 10 PRO (as I have windows 7 professional 64bit on my pc) instead of the current windows 10 home that's installed on here, then would it be as simple as opening up the USB on the computer once its started up into windows 10 pro, running the windows updates, then installing all the drivers?

Windows update has all the driver files for this machine. Just run Windows update after install and it will update everything. I have checked and they are the same versions as on the Dell site. I would update the Nvidia driver to the latest with Geforce experience but other than that Windows update will do it all.

To upgrade to Windows 10 Pro you would need to install Win 7 pro on the Dell then upgrade to Win 10 pro before you could do a fresh install. I would just do a fresh install of Win 10 home as it will be far less hassle. Unless you specifically need the features of Win 10 Pro ?

I just had a go at downloading the Dell Windows recovery and all it seems to do is install Dell system detect and then nothing happens. If I right click it like it says I do not get an option to use secure connections it just says about & exit. If i refresh the page it just downloads system detect again ?

has anyone got this working ?

nah mine was downloading yesterday but today it just stopped and wouldn't download anymore for some reason? and hmm is there no massive advantages of win 10 pro?

Back
Top Bottom