New build need help

Soldato
t'was a rookie error on my part. :eek:
the sheepish look I gave @Journey when it booted. lol. :/
We've all done it, but really wish i had been there :D

Can i ask what the mistake was?.. (i can't promise i won't use it against you as opportunist **** taking :D)

^^You don't have to - you can let it die with you and Journey - although i'm now imagining you plugging the DP in the wrong port as it's making me grin.

Man of Honour
although i'm now imagining you plugging the DP in the wrong port as it's making me grin.
naaaaw...that's too rookie lol

Can i ask what the mistake was?..
it was a bad bios flash. probably my usb stick.
did exactly the same steps with journey's usb stick and it worked.
in hindsight, should have booted the rig and made sure it worked initially before attempting the flash...

Soldato
it was a bad bios flash. probably my usb stick.
did exactly the same steps with journey's usb stick and it worked.
in hindsight, should have booted the rig and made sure it worked initially before attempting the flash...
That's not that bad - you can still hold your head up :D

And hindsight is always a wonderful thing - but you would never gain any experience. When your wrapped up in a problem you can be too close to the solution - had you not had the CPU choice i suspect you would have eventually tried a new stick (i'm so nice).

I have about 4 sticks of different makes, all 8GB - don't trust the things and feel that motherboard manufactures should emphasise this more. It would save them a lot of grief/returns.

Glad to read you're up and running - go forth and abuse your populace...

Associate
OP
Yeah, every chance given the speed in which they're chucking them out.

@Kevin Matthews - is yours the card with coil whine? If so you have a valid reason for return if you wanted to try this (although TNS manage to swap his out with zero issues - @tamzzy? - not sure they even questioned it?)

@Kevin Matthews - don't suppose you have a spare GPU and also could you drop your memory to 2993MHz and run this for a couple of days while you decide. And keep an eye out for BIOS/Driver updates...

What should I increase my ram too from 2994mhz just to test.

Soldato
yeah that's vram corruption. you've done the right thing by turning down the memory oc

I've reset it back to 2994 still getting on snow drop in a game but only on one map.
@tamzzy was talking about the onboard GPU memory (VRAM) as from what you describe it reads like you have a graphics card issue (totally unrelated to your system memory).

Have you clocked the card or is it running at stock?

You could dial back the cards"s memory to verify that this is the problem and if you were on stock settings you would be looking at RMAing the card.

Associate
OP
@tamzzy was talking about the onboard GPU memory (VRAM) as from what you describe it reads like you have a graphics card issue (totally unrelated to your system memory).

Have you clocked the card or is it running at stock?

You could dial back the cards"s memory to verify that this is the problem and if you were on stock settings you would be looking at RMAing the card.

It started at stock, then tried undervolting to try to fix the snow drop and pink colour issues . how I go about RMA the card must contact customer service?

Soldato
It started at stock, then tried undervolting to try to fix the snow drop and pink colour issues . how I go about RMA the card must contact customer service?
Post in the Component Technical Support Forum within the Customer Services Forum - explaining your problem and they should start up an RMA request very quickly as the evidence is indicative of a faulty GPU if it's happening at stock settings too.

Associate
OP
Post in the Component Technical Support Forum within the Customer Services Forum - explaining your problem and they should start up an RMA request very quickly as the evidence is indicative of a faulty GPU if it's happening at stock settings too.

I've contact the customer service they say they have to send it off to manufacturing. Take up to 30 days

Soldato
I've contact the customer service they say they have to send it off to manufacturing. Take up to 30 days
Unfortunately, your over that 28 day period so this is standard with OcUK. :/

30 days is their max, it may only take a week or two. You could try dealing with Sapphire directly although as you're within your first year they may direct you back to the retailer. Plus, if you return to OcUK they'll probably refund your P&P if you include your shipping receipt.

Personally, i would opt for the fastest method if you're without a GPU for the duration of the RMA.

Back
Top Bottom