New car

Caporegime
I guess if your disposable income is high then perfect.. Currently I only pay £100 rent to my parents (I know, its nothing - 19 years old). Bought my new VW Polo which was like £15k, on finance yes but can afford it.
Hoping for a BMW 420 in 3 years time, so £30k car at 22... Might just be crazy though, a lot will change in 3 years and I imagine I will have a lot less disposable income :(

Nice looking car anyway!!

Anyone can accumulate large amounts of debt in their early 20s.

Soldato
OP
Those pics were taken not far from where I work :D I'll keep an eye out!

Awesome car - congrats. :)

We should go for a drink! Email me your number

Like Gurdas, he has set goals in his life and achieved them, props to him. At 26 he has done possibly more then the average 26 year old where I live and it's an inspiration. However if I had £40k to blow it wouldn't be on a bentley. Probably a skyline with overnight parts from japan. :D

It just goes to show, work hard, work right, and it can all pay off.

Cheers buddy, you just have to find a way to achieve what you want and then just do it.

Very nice car. The spec I'd pick, save the Mulliner upgrades!

Do you notice a different in actual shifting speed in S vs D?

Oh, and GIAC

I do notice a difference, in S mode it shifts later and also allows you to start from 1st gear. In all honesty though I don't really get any enjoyment ragging the arse off it so I just keep it in D.

Bit of an update for those that are interested, I've done one full tank of purely city driving and have averaged 10.6mpg:(

Soldato
Owning a Bentley at 26 may not be common but it is not impossible to at his age. Some of my old course mates from University are earning ridiculous money now in central London and we only graduated just over 2 years ago.

Associate
I would like to think I have disposable income, I actually do have. I will never buy things I don't need, and don't really treat myself to anything either.

I've been taught to think in the long run and not the present. It works for me to be honest.

I find this a really sad statement :(

What is the point in working if you cannot treat yourself once in a while? Not having a dig at all just makes me feel sad.

We all know the "sensible" thing is to pay off the mortgage as soon as possible and all that. It's just........that is so boring! I really hope you do spend something on yourself so you enjoy the money you make :)

Soldato
I do notice a difference, in S mode it shifts later and also allows you to start from 1st gear. In all honesty though I don't really get any enjoyment ragging the arse off it so I just keep it in D.
I kinda meant the actual action of it going from say 3rd to 4th. I'm curious because the CGT has a ZF transmission with a lot of variations.

Man of Honour
I find this a really sad statement :(

What is the point in working if you cannot treat yourself once in a while? Not having a dig at all just makes me feel sad.

We all know the "sensible" thing is to pay off the mortgage as soon as possible and all that. It's just........that is so boring! I really hope you do spend something on yourself so you enjoy the money you make :)

You seem to think the only alternative to not blowing a huge pile of cash on a financed car is 'not enjoying yourself'. A rather odd view?*

*To be clear we are referring to £30k 2.0d BMW's here not Bentley GT's.

Soldato
I'm also not sure paying off the mortgage is all that sensible unless you plan to no other debts, or ones at very low rates of interest.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;25413258 said:
You seem to think the only alternative to not blowing a huge pile of cash on a financed car is 'not enjoying yourself'. A rather odd view?*

I have met people who genuinely do not have much of a life because they spend literally all of their disposable income on cars. Don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong with having a passion for motors, but to the extent where you don't go holiday, don't have other hobbies, turn down going out with friends/girlfriend etc (and no I don't solely mean going for drinks) - that to me is tragic and I just can't relate to it. I realised long ago that for me material items can only bring limited pleasure and happiness. We're all different though.

Caporegime
I have met people who genuinely do not have much of a life because they spend literally all of their disposable income on cars. Don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong with having a passion for motors, but to the extent where you don't go holiday, don't have other hobbies, turn down going out with friends/girlfriend etc (and no I don't solely mean going for drinks) - that to me is tragic and I just can't relate to it. I realised long ago that for me material items can only bring limited pleasure and happiness. We're all different though.

It's all about the e-peen :p

Soldato
OP
I kinda meant the actual action of it going from say 3rd to 4th. I'm curious because the CGT has a ZF transmission with a lot of variations.

When I go out next I'll report back with more detail.

As for money and disposable income, I only bought this car because it's something extra that I wanted. I've already got a flat and am saving up for an additional house next year, I travel quite a lot and go on holiday pretty much every few months and also have my other car too. I don't think it's wise to spend ALL your money on just a car at the expense of having a good balanced lifestyle.

Soldato
OP
You the one who posts picture of the Scooby next to friends lambo's etc?

That's my colleagues LP640. Quite a few of my friends now have nice cars also, Granturismo, R8, 430 Spider etc. so it actually feels quite embarrassing sometimes just turning up in the Scooby:p

B) How would one go about getting your job?

I suggest finding out what your best talent is and then finding someone who is willing to give you the opportunity to utilise that and focus on performance related income. My best asset is my sales skills, so unless you are a good sales person then what I do wouldn't help you (also my income would go down if you did work with me:p)

Last edited:
Associate
[TW]Fox;25413258 said:

Errr my post wasn't actually referring to cars at all, in fact I made no reference to financing cars and enjoying yourself. The post I quoted made me think the chap didn't buy himself anything at all.

Back
Top Bottom