new corsiar force series 3 SSD

AzZ

AzZ

Associate
Seen the pre order prices of £184 for the 120GB and £411 for the 240GB elsewhere, seems decent enough.

The UK always gets ripped off. May be cheaper to just import one of these from the US. Shipping shouldn't be a problem considering size and weight.

Associate
OP
The UK always gets ripped off. May be cheaper to just import one of these from the US. Shipping shouldn't be a problem considering size and weight.

i was just about to make the same post, we always get shafted... it seems they are pretty much just chaning the $ sign to a £ sign. ******** ;)

Associate
i was just about to make the same post, we always get shafted... it seems they are pretty much just chaning the $ sign to a £ sign. ******** ;)
We've got the same thing in Sweden. The exchange rate is $1 for ~6 SEK, but all products end up being one for ten instead. That's 25% VAT and additional transit for ya. :(

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Right.. lets clear some things up here as there seems to be a little confusion...

If you click on the Corsair product page you can see clear they are going with 85k “sequential” IOPs and not with the “random” IOPs as used by OCZ.

OCZ Agility3 sequential IOPs are the same or even higher depending on how they are tested leaving the Corsair as the inferior unit closer in speed to that on the Solid 3.

Bottom line here is the Force3 is nothing more than a slower Agility3 (more like the Solid 3) and slower than the Vertex3.

The OCZ Agility3 matches and betters every spec of the Force3. They are the same (in essence) product as the Solid 3/Agility 3.

:)

Are you sure? From what I have seen so far it is random 85k, not sequential.
These drives seem faster than vertex 3 let alone agilty which seems to be using lower class chips and people keep getting sent broken ones. In the next few days when reviews start coming out we see anyways.

But even if ends up slightly slower, the lower price and it being a better trusted brand will mean it will be the drive to get ;)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yeah, most places have them up for sale already. I found a decent deal for the 120gb one with quidco also for around £166 so could not help but pull the trigger on it. Should be with me in a week :)

Associate
I'm going to wait for these. Its between these and the agility ssds for me. either 2 60gb or 1 120gb. Going to check out the prices and compare, i dont think there can be too much of a performance difference.

Associate
I'll probably get 2x 60g force 3's. My board doesnt support 6gb Raid 0, but I'll just future proof and until I get a board that does. I'll just use one for the o/s and another for the games/applications etc.

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah, most places have them up for sale already. I found a decent deal for the 120gb one with quidco also for around £166 so could not help but pull the trigger on it. Should be with me in a week :)

Where did you get your deal from please?

Associate

Try being in Aus, THEN you would know what being ripped off is like ;)

I hate that they are still marked up though by a fairly large amount. At $219 I'd seriously consider it but for ~£184, meh, I can't afford nor justify it

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Hi NathWraith :)

Just wondering if your post was aimed at me. If so was my post (28) against forum rules. Just so I don't mess up in the future. Thanks mate.

Back
Top Bottom