New Dell IPS S2721DGF 165hz gaming monitor

Associate
Does LFC (low framerate compensation) work for Nvidia GPUs? If the FPS drops below 48 the monitor should double the frames to avoid tearing, for example at 40 fps it should operate at 80 Hz etc. Could anyone confirm it works at low FPS without a tear?

Associate
Hmm, something wrong there. I also have a 1080 and freesync pro premium is turn on, I dont have that issue.

Is it a particular game or all games?
Do you have Gsync enabled in nvidia control panel? I have it enabled for windowed and full screen mode.
Is the Dell set as your primary screen, if you have 2 screens?

I have Gsync enabled, monitor set as my primary screen as I have 3 screens, Dell monitor driver installed, latest Nvidia drivers, using the cable that came with the monitor. It only flashed black when freesync is turned on in monitor settings and it only happens when gaming. It appears to be when my fps goes below the 48-165 freesync/gsync range. If anyone else has this issue I seem to have "fixed" it by downloading a program called "CRU" and adjusting the "V rate" from 48-165 to 50-165, essentially losing 2 frames from the gsync range but better than constant flashing.

Associate
How do people manage with such low brightness....:eek: Mines 75, do people play in the dark......
I guess we all have different eye sensitivities, but in my sunny room the 18% brightness is perfect for me.

At night too, although I can sometimes find it a bit too bright (Google frontpage for example!)

:)

Soldato
^^^ you need to wear one of these for such low brightness...

portwest-pa50-led-head-light-p2807-60590-image.jpg

15%, pah....!!!!

80+ here

Soldato
I'm running the Dell in my sig, it's really still performing great after having had it over 4 years now. Question is, is this newer one being IPS that much of an upgrade over my current one?

I just made the same transition and can absolutely say it's worth it 100%

You could sell the S2716DG for about £150 quite easily, more if you want to risk Ebay/Postage etc.

Associate
I just made the same transition and can absolutely say it's worth it 100%

You could sell the S2716DG for about £150 quite easily, more if you want to risk Ebay/Postage etc.

Oh Woody, I thought I'd finished spending money and selling old bits :D

I'll have to give this one some serious thought, maybe try and last a month from now before doing it..

Associate
I'm seriously considering one of these. I have an existing 1440p 27" Dell screen which has been really good but it doesn't have GSync/VSync so plan would be to relegate that to my second screen (replacing an old 24" 1080 screen). Anyone had any major issues with this one? There's no official reviews out there that i can find. I've read so many horror stories of screens on here but Dell seem to have a pretty solid warranty and my own experience with my main screen has been great

Soldato
As it seems very similar to the 25" Dell 1440p U2518D that I have as a secondary screen the image quality overall is very comparable as a static image. It is somewhat better than the 8 years old Benq 27" 1440p monitor, in terms of clarity.
Where it comes into its own is the G-Sync options, but of course you pay for that.
Personally I have restricted my FPS as I am more bothered about keeping in the G-Sync range with my 1080Ti but without it running at 100% load, too noisy. Each to their own where that is concerned but I'm happy enough as I no longer see tearing etc that I had previously.
I think that it is a pity that the G-Sync range is limited to 48hz on this monitor, but so far I'm happy with it.

Associate
They sent me an open box with the seal broken.

I need to print a label, then take it to a parcel shop and wait 2 weeks for refund.

You need to wait 48 hours for the label to be sent!

WTF

Soldato
I'm seriously considering one of these. I have an existing 1440p 27" Dell screen which has been really good but it doesn't have GSync/VSync so plan would be to relegate that to my second screen (replacing an old 24" 1080 screen). Anyone had any major issues with this one? There's no official reviews out there that i can find. I've read so many horror stories of screens on here but Dell seem to have a pretty solid warranty and my own experience with my main screen has been great

I'm very impressed with it so far, I wasn't sure how my PC would cope with it (spec in sig) but it's fine at 1440@144hz - whether that's freesync doing its thing or not, I dunno, but some games, i.e. console ports run fine at max or nearly max settings, and others I have to drop down to 'high' rather than 'ultra' graphics defaults, but that was the same case running 1080p resolution before anyway.

Some proper in depth reviews would be good to see though, there doesn't seem to be any.

The joystick OSD controller is a nice touch... OSD controls are typically a pain in the bum, and although it's something you only use very occasionally, it's a really nice touch.

Back
Top Bottom