**NEW DER8AUER DELID-DIE-MATE 2**

Associate
Won't delidding void the warranty? I presume so but I've read some posts stating otherwise and was hoping for an official response.

Associate
jrwagh333;30480714 said:
And what "glue" would you use to seal? - Possible to get a link to it?

Would be good to get an answer to this. I was planning on using some black silicone sealant I found at Halfords, but would be good to know what the experts use.

Soldato
I bought some Loctite gel control stuff with my delid tool as it was recommended, it's meant to be pretty easy to remove as well.

I'll probably only use when selling on the cpu if needed.

Gangster
OcUK Staff
OP
Aa83;30482662 said:
Would be good to get an answer to this. I was planning on using some black silicone sealant I found at Halfords, but would be good to know what the experts use.

Sorry I missed this.

As you stated though the black silicone from Halfords will work and is what we used.

Around £7 is normal price I believe for a decent amount.

Associate
Awesome, thank you Robbie G!

Looking forward to seeing what impact a delid on an overclocked 3570k using Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut will have.

Gangster
OcUK Staff
OP
RavenXXX2;30486057 said:

We used this an it did a great job.

Aa83;30486171 said:
Thermal Grizzly have their own liquid metal (Conductonaut) which is what I'm planning on using:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ther...-liquid-metal-thermal-paste-1g-th-021-tg.html

I have not tried this but if it is like all the other thermal paste they do this is a sure winner.

Soldato

Here is mine before and after delidding.

I managed to lose one of the metal washers from my cpu waterblock and also ran out of CLU so maybe that's why one core is out of whack but i'm happy with the results and will redo it when i get some more clu and another washer.

7700k @ 5.0 1.36v on water after 30 mins of realbench.

Back
Top Bottom