New essential Android apps thread

Soldato
I’m looking for a good password manager, even something like Google Notes but with a password for access.

Anything anyone can recommend apart from Evernote please?

I love LastPass. Can be secured with a fingerprint. Sync's across your browser on PC. Can use these passwords to log you in to apps. Costs £12 (or is it $12) a year. Well worth it.

Associate
Sad to see that cloud magic has become Newton and is becoming a paid app. Which other free email app would people recommend for 2 different imap accounts?

Associate
there is a chrome extension for the pc called samsung sync that someone mentioned in the s7 thread. I've never tried it so not sure what it's like but you could give it a try.

You can import your bookmarks to the Samsung browser, but it won't keep your sub folders.

I've never tried the Samsung sync extension though.

Soldato
I can't believe I'm still on 92% from 7am this morning just because I took Facebook & Messenger off and replaced with Metal.

Funnily enough I've have gave this a go past few days and just feel like I miss the actual app too much. Lacks a few features and notifications aren't anywhere as good.

Samsungs good lock is fantastic for a stock Android experience

Soldato
Funnily enough I've have gave this a go past few days and just feel like I miss the actual app too much. Lacks a few features and notifications aren't anywhere as good.

I'm thinking of trying it. Can you still use the separate messenger app. Did you use the paid version of metal?

Soldato

I really like the Microsoft Next lock screen on my Edge

Associate
Sad to see that cloud magic has become Newton and is becoming a paid app. Which other free email app would people recommend for 2 different imap accounts?

I think you only have to pay for the extra features. After the 'trial' we've all been forced onto with the latest update, expires, I think the free version continues. Hope the intrusive 'Subscribe Now' disappears too. They must be off their heads if they think I'm going to stump up £45/year :eek::eek::eek:

See what happens after the short trial and may go back to Email TypeApp or Blue Mail is another option.

Associate
After Cloudmagic/Newton tried to bend me over a barrel, sans lube, I looked around for a new mail app. I've settled on AquaMail, doesn't look as pretty but seems a bit more funcional. Not free but a one off £3 odd, not paid yet, still looking for annoyances.

I think if cloudmagic charged all their existing users maybe up to £5 one off, a lot of people would pay it, I would have. A subscription of £45 per year is stupid and they would have chased off the vast majority of their users, ultimately making a lot less money. Just my thoughts and could well be wrong.

i use chrome broswer on my 6P. lately there has been a lot of rubbish sites that have adverts and pop ups that try to force you to install stuff.

for instance today i googled on my phone something like barbie girl song lyrics. clicked on the first site which was azlyrics. loads up fine and for about 10 seconds i could read the lyrics when all of a sudden a new tab is opened, a pop up notification is shown reading something like "hey EE Nexus 6P owner, you need the new battery saver setting to be activated. Click ok to continue" I click back, and i'm stuck in a back loop, i click cancel same thing until hte browser eventually asks me do i want to stop this page from creating pop ups. i click yes and it goes.

i hate this. this is why ad blockers are required on mobiles. it ****es me off that this junk can happen on a seemingly normal high ranking site.

is this an issue with chrome i can stop or will i need a new browser, or am i likely to get this there too? i have prvent pop ups ticked within chrome settings but it still happens

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Nine Mail is superb. I use it with Exchange/365 hybrid and an Office 365 account. It's got some great features and is fully Materialised.

It's not cheap, but it's a one off payment and does exactly what I have been wanting without the faff of the official Outlook app or built in Email clients.

Soldato
i use chrome broswer on my 6P...

Unfortunately a lot of sites are like this, compared to the desktop mobile ads are far more aggressive.

Sadly Google has no plans for extension support: https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/35v8gi/we_are_the_chrome_for_android_team_ama/cr8alzk

If you're rooted you can use something like Adaway to block ads, but if not you'll pretty much need to use a different browser.

I found Firefox with the uBlock origin addon to be the best in terms of ad blocking.

Personally though I'm using TugaBrowser which does have a built in ad blocker, although not as powerful as uBlock, pretty much blocks all the intrusive ads.

Back
Top Bottom