New essential Android apps thread

Soldato
Nine Mail is superb. I use it with Exchange/365 hybrid and an Office 365 account. It's got some great features and is fully Materialised.

It's not cheap, but it's a one off payment and does exactly what I have been wanting without the faff of the official Outlook app or built in Email clients.

Seconded. Been using it for a few months now and it's awesome. Better Exchange integration than Gmail/Office 365 app.

Soldato
Best pushbullet alternatives for getting pushes/notifications from other websites if thats possible? like the screen mirroring feature and the ability to reply back to messages too.

Associate
Unfortunately a lot of sites are like this, compared to the desktop mobile ads are far more aggressive.

Sadly Google has no plans for extension support: https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/35v8gi/we_are_the_chrome_for_android_team_ama/cr8alzk

If you're rooted you can use something like Adaway to block ads, but if not you'll pretty much need to use a different browser.

I found Firefox with the uBlock origin addon to be the best in terms of ad blocking.

Personally though I'm using TugaBrowser which does have a built in ad blocker, although not as powerful as uBlock, pretty much blocks all the intrusive ads.

That's brilliant buddy thank you I've started using tugabrowser is well fast to

Soldato
If you're rooted you can use something like Adaway to block ads, but if not you'll pretty much need to use a different browser.

There is AdGuard which works on unrooted devices, and while it's a little limited in terms of how much it can block, I find it does a decent enough job for me

My ROM and rooting days are over - the advantages are outweighed by the disadvantages for my usage.

L33

L33

Permabanned
AdClear is the best you'll get without rooting. Link to xda thread. It'll block ads across the whole system, so pretty much any browser or app. For anything better than this (i.e. Adaway) you'd have to consider rooting.

Associate
Not strictly an app as such but I noticed this morning that wifi assistant which will let your phone connect securely to open wifi networks has now appeared as an option under wifi settings:

Soldato
"Introducing Google Allo, a smart messaging app that helps you say more and do more. Express yourself better with stickers, doodles, and HUGE emojis & text. Allo also brings you the Google Assistant, preview edition."

Eurgh. That is NOT a good reason to try it out.

Back
Top Bottom