New essential Android apps thread

Associate
It's noticeably faster and just as stable. You now have the option to use up to 5 Content Blockers rather than just the one in the non-beta and the option to use DuckDuckGo as the search engine has been added. I'd recommend switching to it now as you can still retain the stock version to use simultaneously.

The biggest negative is that you can't import bookmarks and settings from another browser even on the same device or backup your current settings to restore after a reset or on a new device. You can save the bookmarks as you can in the stock version but still have to set up logins one by one again after a reset.

As far as I can tell Samsung ignore feedback or feature requests as usual.

It's such a shame they haven't included the chrome like feature were you can log in and access your bookmarks from any device.

How is the iris authentication for logging in to websites?. Did it all still work ok?.

Associate
Soldato
What do you want from a password manager?

I use keepass, with keepassdroid on my phone, it's free and it's great but I don't require browser integration for example.

I think Keepass2Android has more features and there is a paid app that has direct integration with Google Drive, Dropbox etc...

Associate
Anyone know of an app that can automatically switch between WiFi or mobile data please?.

For example when I enter my house it automatically disconnects from mobile data and connects to WiFi and when I leave the house it does the opposite?.

Thanks.

Soldato
Anyone know of an app that can automatically switch between WiFi or mobile data please?.

For example when I enter my house it automatically disconnects from mobile data and connects to WiFi and when I leave the house it does the opposite?.

Thanks.

Doesnt all android phones do this as standard. I have wifi and mobile data turned on. And it swaps between them, when and where required.

Back
Top Bottom