New essential Android apps thread

Soldato
Can you load ov2 type POIs into Waze? Got several hundred that work with TomTom and stop me trying alternatives at the moment
Tried it and I think I've answered my own question, it STILL doesn't have this basic functionality to import your own POIs. Maybe if I try it another 2 years (as it seems I last logged in to it in 2015)

Man of Honour
what browser does everyone use, all of them seem pants compared to the desktop browsers.
is there any which extensions or at least a decent add block built in but still functions properly.

Soldato
what browser does everyone use, all of them seem pants compared to the desktop browsers.
is there any which extensions or at least a decent add block built in but still functions properly.
Oddly enough the Samsung Internet Beta came up as compatible on my 6P. Gave it a go with Adguard Content Blocker and it works pretty well. The UI is surpisingly nice to use as well.

But there's no bookmark sync so I still use Chrome with DNS66 which functions as a VPN to block ads on the phone though not as powerful as a browser with adblock. Firefox with ublock origin is still best for that but Firefox is pretty slow on Android.

Associate

Opera.... there's a few different versions so try them and pick the 1 you prefer.
I have Opera..... they even have a free vpn which seems to work ok.....on all my devices,they can also be synced if you sign in

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Anyone with AMOLED made their gboard completely black? Really quite nice now.

Don't use the dark theme, just choose a custom image, then set brightness of it to 0. Then turn off key borders.

Back
Top Bottom