New essential Android apps thread

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Been flicking between Samsung Pay and Android Pay now that I have another bank that actually supports both.

From my findings, Android Pay is superior for speed, application load time and ease of use. Samsung Pay just takes several seconds before it loads the loyalty card selector and by that time you've already stood at the checkout like a plank.

And given that MST is turned off in Europe, Samsung Pay serves little use really other than the rewards points, but only if you want to get Samsung accessories, which I don't really care for.

Android Pay wins.

Soldato
Been flicking between Samsung Pay and Android Pay now that I have another bank that actually supports both.

From my findings, Android Pay is superior for speed, application load time and ease of use. Samsung Pay just takes several seconds before it loads the loyalty card selector and by that time you've already stood at the checkout like a plank.

And given that MST is turned off in Europe, Samsung Pay serves little use really other than the rewards points, but only if you want to get Samsung accessories, which I don't really care for.

Android Pay wins.
I always use android pay now, to the point where I forgot my pin in the middle of a busy Q at a train platform which didn't have an active AP device ...... Lesson learnt... Which I will probably forget again lol

Soldato
So Allo finally has a web client: https://allo.google.com/web

Works same as WhatsApp where you need to scan the QR code. Only problem is however is that you have to use Chrome. And seems only the Android version has the QR scanner so far. At least it's one way of getting Google Assistant on the desktop...

Speaking of Assistant, I finally have it on my phone! Took them long enough :p.

Google Allo has to be the most pointless thing in existence. Who on earth needs yet another proprietary messaging app? It's already dead in the water.
although true, it is the better app. for starters, it doesn't force me to have to accept voip calls as whatsapp does. Sometimes i'm using poor mobile signal and people just love to call from whatsapp as the icon is right there, and yet they don't realise it's over internet and not their network.

the auto replies are so great to use.

the ability to enlargen your text is also great.

but no one uses it unless you force them to

Soldato
Yeah. I use profiles for work/home/out/sleep so I thought I'd just have some kicking around to change into those profiles rather than do it manually. E.g. one on my desk for work/vibrate mode.. one on my bedside table for silent mode. Can't see me using them any more than that.

Back
Top Bottom