New essential Android apps thread

Soldato
I don't know the technical terms, basically like something simple, i don't need or want icon packs, just like a simple / plain skin.

Definitely those two that Liquid said.

Nova Launcher and TeslaUnread app does that.

Nova launcher is the best

It is very customisable, So with a little fiddling about you should get what you desire.

I think you are asking about the dock with the 4 icons? If so open up Nova Settings, go to dock & then under dock icons you can change it to what you like :)

Soldato
Hi guys again,

What do I need to install to get that widget thing when swipe up I get to control things like current media being played, perhaps my Philips Hue and even the camera app as well. I miss that a bit.
Something like iOS control centre? What phone do you have? Swiping down with two fingers from the top will get you the notification controls, but media controls will only appear as a notification if music is already being played. As for camera, newer phones have double press on the power button as a camera shortcut.

If Android 7 and above, you can add custom tiles to it: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gunny.bunny.tilemedia

Alternatively, there are apps that can recreate it: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.luutinhit.controlcenter

Caporegime
Something like iOS control centre? What phone do you have? Swiping down with two fingers from the top will get you the notification controls, but media controls will only appear as a notification if music is already being played. As for camera, newer phones have double press on the power button as a camera shortcut.

If Android 7 and above, you can add custom tiles to it: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gunny.bunny.tilemedia

Alternatively, there are apps that can recreate it: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.luutinhit.controlcenter

Brilliant, thanks!

Soldato
Raymond, one thing you need to remember - Google do half *** things at times. Google Calendar is an excellent product but the dated UI concepts on the web version do leave a lot to be desired.

1. To see your reminders just ask assistant 'show me my reminders'. The reminders are synced automatically as part of your calendar, which will already be setup in Settings/Accounts anyway. They will appear in the Google Calendar app on android. They don't appear on my Today Calendar app though - luckily I don't use reminders anyway as I prefer to use tasks.

2. If you can't see them on the web google calendar, it is because you've likely got the Tasks pane open. Close the task pane via the X, and navigate to My Calendars on the left sidebar. Hover the cursor over the Tasks entry, click on the downward arrow and select 'Switch to Reminders'. A stupidly fiddly process but there you go.

Caporegime
Raymond, one thing you need to remember - Google do half *** things at times. Google Calendar is an excellent product but the dated UI concepts on the web version do leave a lot to be desired.

1. To see your reminders just ask assistant 'show me my reminders'. The reminders are synced automatically as part of your calendar, which will already be setup in Settings/Accounts anyway. They will appear in the Google Calendar app on android. They don't appear on my Today Calendar app though - luckily I don't use reminders anyway as I prefer to use tasks.

2. If you can't see them on the web google calendar, it is because you've likely got the Tasks pane open. Close the task pane via the X, and navigate to My Calendars on the left sidebar. Hover the cursor over the Tasks entry, click on the downward arrow and select 'Switch to Reminders'. A stupidly fiddly process but there you go.

Genius !!! It was point 2 that fixed it !

Back
Top Bottom