New essential Android apps thread

Caporegime
Hey guys, got a question or two surrounding Android Pay.

The main one being. Does my existing card have to be contactless for it to work with AP?

Or is it just a case of load in the details and then that itself turns it into a contactless card?

Also does it always need the Android Pay sign to work, or is it just with the contactless sign?

Thanks all :)

Soldato
I don't use Android Pay, but... I'd be fairly sure AP wouldn't know if your card had contactless or not and would be fine. I don't think the banks decline it thinking it shouldn't be possible. I would also suggest it didn't matter if the unit said specifically it took AP, as long as it was contactless.

Soldato
Hey guys, got a question or two surrounding Android Pay.

The main one being. Does my existing card have to be contactless for it to work with AP?

Or is it just a case of load in the details and then that itself turns it into a contactless card?

Also does it always need the Android Pay sign to work, or is it just with the contactless sign?

Thanks all :)

Never upgraded my HSBC card to contactless but it works fine with Android Pay. Just use any terminal with contactless, doesn't need the Android Pay symbol.

Soldato
Deffo doesn't need to be contactless to put it on AP. They generate you a new number / details for your Android Pay "card" and link it to your account for security reasons so you're good to go :)

Soldato
Does anyone use a good TV remote app, i'm looking to get a 3.5mm jack IR blaster for my TV room, I have a 6 input 2 output HDMI Matrix, rather than use the cheap supplied remote, i would like to use a tablet to control the 2 TVs and the Matrix.

Long Stories short, anyone use a Remote app with Programmable buttons?

Was looking into harmony, but... costs a bit.

Man of Honour
Hi guys,

Think I asked for this before but drew a blank; I'm after a TV show reminder? Something that lets me know/adds a reminder to my calendar to let me know when the next episode/season starts?

This week alone I've missed the return of South Park/Fear the Walking Dead... and they say Nurses have it tough! :D

Thanks.
not on android but https://digiguide.tv/Default.asp iirc you can set up email alerts. Was what I used when I watched tv.

Associate
Hi,

Can anyone recommend an app that will allow me to stream tv/movies from my homeserver. (No Plex please)

I always used Solid Explorer Pro to connect to my homeserver and than playback the file via MXPlayer. This works ok but after so long I have to restart both my homeserver & tablet as it comes up with "error than a different code each time" ... I have opened the correct port on my server & windows firewall.

Caporegime
Associate
Hi,

Can anyone recommend an app that will allow me to stream tv/movies from my homeserver. (No Plex please)

I always used Solid Explorer Pro to connect to my homeserver and than playback the file via MXPlayer. This works ok but after so long I have to restart both my homeserver & tablet as it comes up with "error than a different code each time" ... I have opened the correct port on my server & windows firewall.

VLCPlayer has in built network explorer.

Soldato
I saw for the first time yesterday Google Maps picture in picture type effect. I was driving to my mums (4 hour journey, mind you, I use maps almost everywhere I go) and as I pressed home to call to say I was on my way, maps dropped into a rectangle I could move around on the screen, while I made my call. You can drag it off the bottom and it disappears or double tap it and it comes back full screen. Rather cool I thought.

Back
Top Bottom