New essential Android apps thread

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Looking at the reviews for Today widget saying it doesn't work with Oreo. I do have Today pro but never bought the widget. A shame he stopped developing those apps.

Event Flow seems to do the trick the default theme is a nice transparency.
Ah fair enough, I'm using Event Flow myself on my P2XL.

Soldato
Wanted to get rid of the google bar on my Moto G5 homescreen so I needed a new launcher.

Tried a few...the best by far was the Microsoft Launcher (hell hath frozen over, I know).

Turn off the Bing crap, and the cards, and you're left with a very nice clean looking launcher, with notification badges, a nice easy to navigate app drawer (opened with an upwards swipe, or the drawer button), Recent Apps with a downward swipe. The bottom button tray pulls up to reveal a second row of shortcuts and various settings widgets. All configurable.

Much happier with my Android setup now. The other half even likes it on her Huawei.

Soldato
Going to give it a go. Noticed after the Oreo update Solid File Explorer no longer can do anything with the files on the SD card, and the developer seems to have put the app on hiatus a few months ago so I'll give Google's app a go.

I don't have Oreo but Solid Explorer has been updated mentioning Oreo fixes in the changelog.

Associate
I don't have Oreo but Solid Explorer has been updated mentioning Oreo fixes in the changelog.

Last night I found that if you checked Show Root Storage in settings then the sd card storage would show. This on an S8 with Oreo beta. Today app is updated and shows the sd card again anyway.

Caporegime
Anyone here use Cerberus and can tell me why I keep getting a notification a few times a day saying "device located"? :confused:

The first time it happened, I changed my password and checked all the settings. Now it has just happened again... Location history is turned off and as far as I can see the only way for Cerberus to track my phone is if I tell it to using their website, which of course I haven't.

Anyone here use Cerberus and can tell me why I keep getting a notification a few times a day saying "device located"? :confused:

The first time it happened, I changed my password and checked all the settings. Now it has just happened again... Location history is turned off and as far as I can see the only way for Cerberus to track my phone is if I tell it to using their website, which of course I haven't.
having the same issue. maybe a bug. or they have been compromised

Soldato

I'd look at the latest changelog for the app. They've just had to comply with a request from Google to comply with the play store policy.

I think they (the app) has to now display tracking information... Not sure if this is related to your issue.

Soldato
What app are you guys using for:

Mp3 player when phones connected to cars bluetooth
Video player which plays all video files (inc HD) smoothly
Freeview TV channels
Text messaging
Internet Browser

I'm on a Note 8 btw.

Soldato

You can get the non Google Play (Disguised) APK without this 'feature' from their website https://www.cerberusapp.com/get or if not just disable all notifications from Cerberus when you received one.

If you download directly from the website make sure that you check for updates regularly though (the app may do this automatically, I don't know).

What app are you guys using for:

Mp3 player when phones connected to cars bluetooth

same as when i'm not connected to cars bluetooth and want music, google music

Video player which plays all video files (inc HD) smoothly

mx player
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mxtech.videoplayer.ad&hl=en

Text messaging

textra
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.textra&hl=en

Internet Browser

chrome as i just can't see the need for anything else.

I'm on a Note 8 btw.

Soldato
Bit of a silly question, I have an s8 due tomorrow. Not a fan of samsung apps. Can I uninstall or only 'disable' them? If I sued a launcher such as the Microsoft one would it replace touchwiz all together?

Back
Top Bottom