New essential Android apps thread

Soldato
Bit of a silly question, I have an s8 due tomorrow. Not a fan of samsung apps. Can I uninstall or only 'disable' them? If I sued a launcher such as the Microsoft one would it replace touchwiz all together?
doesnt remove touchwiz all together, and you cant disable most of them unless you use something such as package disabler.

Caporegime
I only get that when I login to the cerberus dashboard online... Bit suspicious, I'd maybe raise it with them.

having the same issue. maybe a bug. or they have been compromised

I'd look at the latest changelog for the app. They've just had to comply with a request from Google to comply with the play store policy.

I think they (the app) has to now display tracking information... Not sure if this is related to your issue.

You can get the non Google Play (Disguised) APK without this 'feature' from their website https://www.cerberusapp.com/get or if not just disable all notifications from Cerberus when you received one.

If you download directly from the website make sure that you check for updates regularly though (the app may do this automatically, I don't know).

Turns out it's linked to the number of attempts I have made to unlock the phone with the fingerprint reader. If the reader doesn't quite get my print properly more than once, Cerberus takes a picture and begins tracking. I'm guessing it's the same with password/PIN too.

I've installed that version from their site now so no more messages. Cheers. :)

Associate
What do you kids use for a messaging app these days? Debating a move back to Android but iMessage is strong with both sides of the family....

Not that one messaging app should be a massive factor in this type of choice but it's all about ease of use for me.

Man of Honour
Whatsapp. I only text my mum and my daughter. Everything else is whatsapp. My mum can't get the hang of a smart phone and my daughters collection of friends don't use whatsapp because they all use imessage or whatever the Apple messaging app is. I even use whatsapp for a lot of calls now.

Soldato
What do you kids use for a messaging app these days? Debating a move back to Android but iMessage is strong with both sides of the family....

Not that one messaging app should be a massive factor in this type of choice but it's all about ease of use for me.
WhatsApp for ALL the messages. Textra (sms) for everything else (2FA codes).

Soldato
Anyone had issues with google music the last week or so? Mine won't download new music and is also failing to stream a lot of songs.

Really want to get rid of it and use Amazon Music seeing as I now have Echos at home but I have loads of playlists and I really can't be bothered re-making them :o

Associate
Anyone had issues with google music the last week or so? Mine won't download new music and is also failing to stream a lot of songs.

Really want to get rid of it and use Amazon Music seeing as I now have Echos at home but I have loads of playlists and I really can't be bothered re-making them :o

I had the exact same problem, seemed to right itself after a day or so. I want to leave for Spotify but I've got a family plan with Google, it would mean 4 people having to sort their playlists out, not going to happen.

Soldato
Folks, what would be the best FB client on Android?
I installed Swipe for Facebook on my wifes OP3 but her photo albums seem to be in quite a low resolution. I'm still investigating this and was wondering what the other alternatives are. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom