New essential Android apps thread

Associate
Does anyone find Spotify kills your battery when streaming music on 4g? 47m of spotify uses 21% battery on my pixel 2.

Similarly Chrome drains the battery at an alarming rate.

I hardly if ever stream but last time I did I streamed around 2 hours of random music from the UK top charts, I lost around 10% battery. I do have a 2 XL mind so could be the bigger battery offsetting any loss. If you mean 21% in the battery stats then its probably just relative to what else you did on your phone. Lots of 4G downloading can kill a phone quick though.

Caporegime
Right, I don't think this is the first time I have ranted in here about Gmail but it's become almost useless at the majority of tasks. I really don't understand how one of Google's flagship apps is so rubbish at it's job, have gone months without search working once :rolleyes::p. It's new thing to fail at are attachments, a carrier pigeon could delivery and open them more quickly.

The last recommendation for an alternative on here (will search thread for which one), I didn't really like so any others? Just need a nice and easy app to manage my Gmail, Hotmail and Exchange.

Edit - thought I had found a winner with MyMail but it chokes every time when I try to add my Exchange account. Next.

Edit - Blue Mail now, added Gmail and Exchange with ease. Not as pretty though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Right, I don't think this is the first time I have ranted in here about Gmail but it's become almost useless at the majority of tasks. I really don't understand how one of Google's flagship apps is so rubbish at it's job, have gone months without search working once :rolleyes::p. It's new thing to fail at are attachments, a carrier pigeon could delivery and open them more quickly.

The last recommendation f
or an alternative on here (will search thread for which one), I didn't really like so any others? Just need a nice and easy app to manage my Gmail, Hotmail and Exchange.

Edit - thought I had found a winner with MyMail but it chokes every time when I try to add my Exchange account. Next.

Edit - Blue Mail now, added Gmail and Exchange with ease. Not as pretty though.

I've got GMail app setup for Hotmail, my domain address and my Googlemail account

It's not pretty to setup the domain account though :(

Type+ but it's fugly

It amazes me how ugly email apps still are these days. Email apps are easily the ugliest of regularly used apps. Material design hasn't fully been implemented I often find with just hints being used, but the overall look is just awful

Caporegime
I've been using Gmail for years over many different phones and have never had any of those issues...?

How about Inbox?

I must have missed that train, is it a new version of Gmail? My issues have spanned years across multiple devices, search been the worse and the problem growing to other aspects. My fiance also has the same problem.

Associate
Best gallery app? Wife doesn't like being forced to use Google photos ..

What doesn't she like about Photos? I'm not sure how anything could be better personally, I love being able to search for a specific person or object etc and seeing the results. Works so well.

I'd just like to clarify that I'm not Sesevans.

Back
Top Bottom