New essential Android apps thread

Soldato
Same. Just cba with android apps now that I've seen, via my ipad pro at the polish on ios stuff. I've got £31 on rewards and tend to buy the odd cheap film/tv show when they're on deals even though I've likely seen them already. Think the last app I purchased was Sync Pro (reddit client) and that was well worth the money thanks to the brilliant one man developer.

Soldato
Something is really wrong with Gboard's GIF search now. An example, searching "unlimited power" brings this up:

YTreqRgl.png.jpg

With only the second image being related to it, but without the words at the bottom.

Swiftkey does better and actually displays the GIFs I want, but they for some reason changes the URL which messes up the preview on Discord, making it no longer animated:

J5RGUeql.png.jpg

I'm struggling to find a good alternative from the two... I'm tempted to just download a dedicated GIF keyboard and then swap it with GBoard/Swiftkey when needed.

Caporegime
I am extremely picky with my mobile games, can never settle on one. And then eventually I end up playing my favourite Hexage games, low and behold - they have a new one (to me at least). Redcon, tower defence and it's awesome :D.

Edit - I remember why I stopped using the Gmail app. It's utterly useless when it comes to downloading attachments. It just stays on 0% loading, does exactly the same thing on my fiance's S10e. A quick Google shows people having the same issue for years and no obvious solution. I didn't have this problem with Inbox.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've recently started using LaunchBoard and love it. Especially on this Redmi where apps are scattered about on my homescreens. Put LB on my dock, hit that, hit the letter and hit the app I want. Nice and ways. I use it instead of my app drawer now.

Soldato
Yeah, I wouldn't like that. I do have a 'favourites' in Nova that I get to by swiping to the side, but I prefer most apps that I use regularly in a specific labelled folder on one of my home screens, like 'Fitness', 'Work' or 'Social' then I want my app drawer to have everything, so I can get to the lesser used apps. I find with LaunchBoard I don't use either of those methods a lot of the time.

Soldato
Nova's search bar does the same thing as well. I have the search bar right at the bottom, tap that then start typing the app name and it appears. Even better, with Sesame integration I can even go to a specific bit of that app eg I can search "mum" and it instantly shows a shortcut to the WhatsApp chat to it.

Soldato
Is there a free app for arranging a date to do things with mates? In other words, you all want to get together and are trying to find a date you're all available. I had a quick Google and they all look subscription based?

Soldato
Is there a free app for arranging a date to do things with mates? In other words, you all want to get together and are trying to find a date you're all available. I had a quick Google and they all look subscription based?

Most people just set up a WhatsApp group but doesn't Google give you the option to share a calendar?

Back
Top Bottom