New forum! Post bugs & errors in here *CHECK FIRST POST FOR ISSUES FIRST - P.S. THE MM IS OPEN*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Are there any benefits to this new forum apart from a different look because the new theme is ****ing awful!?

I understand it's going to change in time but if there are not added benefits such as custom avatars, proper private messaging etc but if it's just for aesthetics then what's the point?

Soldato
Are there any benefits to this new forum apart from a different look because the new theme is ****ing awful!?

I understand it's going to change in time but if there are not added benefits such as custom avatars, proper private messaging etc but if it's just for aesthetics then what's the point?
I believe there's some things that make the mods lives easier which is fair enough. User side I haven't really noticed much yet.

One nice thing is the highlight text to quote.

Soldato
I suggest you drop the attitude, we have left plenty of breadcrumbs relating to the MM, please don't berate us because you didn't even bother looking.

Quite why the MM being down leaves a deal open to fraud makes little sense.

Did I not suggest you do the same some time ago? What was your response again? It's you that have the attitude. I can read just fine, but can you?

It's open to fraud because you have shut down the members market but kept the trust system open. Anyone that viewed the MM can use the trust messaging to contact buyers/sellers outside of the forum.

If you read the MM guidelines we have rules in place to confirm the identity of both parties and everything must be dealt with within the thread. Deals through trust are open for abuse because the system is not secure.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I've been watching your mission to turn off the forums via css :D.

Sort out the search box ruins your theme :).
haha, at the rate I am going at, there won't be anything or anyone left apart from me! :D :p

Yeah I was thinking of asking wiiija/fairly sure... to provide the code to remove the search box and just keep the "search" hyperlink at the top left instead but I quite like the search box, it is quicker than going through the link etc.

EDIT:

That reminds me, I need to ask them to provide the code to remove the quick navigation button :p

Soldato
Code:
#QuickSearch {
        display: none;
}

Go on, you know you want to ;)

To remove jump menu:

Code:
.breadcrumb .jumpMenuTrigger {
}

Last edited:
Soldato
haha, at the rate I am going at, there won't be anything or anyone left apart from me! :D :p

Yeah I was thinking of asking wiiija/fairly sure... to provide the code to remove the search box and just keep the "search" hyperlink at the top left instead but I quite like the search box, it is quicker than going through the link etc.

EDIT:

That reminds me, I need to ask them to provide the code to remove the quick navigation button :p

You know how to use inspector in browser right? Just grab the #**** of the element and add "display:none;" for a new rule in the style :).

I'm trying to hide the search box into a dropdown. I like the functionality just find it ugly and taking up too much room.

Soldato
Did I not suggest you do the same some time ago? What was your response again? It's you that have the attitude. I can read just fine, but can you?

It's open to fraud because you have shut down the members market but kept the trust system open. Anyone that viewed the MM can use the trust messaging to contact buyers/sellers outside of the forum.

If you read the MM guidelines we have rules in place to confirm the identity of both parties and everything must be dealt with within the thread. Deals through trust are open for abuse because the system is not secure.
Do you accept Western Union?

Caporegime
Code:
#QuickSearch {
}

Go on, you know you want to ;)
Urgh, now I am going to have to keep that off!!!!

zWQn8Xe.png

:D

You know how to use inspector in browser right? Just grab the #**** of the element and add "display:none;" for a new rule in the style :).

I'm trying to hide the search box into a dropdown. I like the functionality just find it ugly and taking up too much room.

I tried that but for the life of me can't understand all the code :p :o

lDg1bhf.png

Good shout on the search box, when/if you manage it share the code please :D

Suppose what could always be done to blend it in better with the dark theme is just to change the search box colour?

Soldato
Good shout on the search box, when/if you manage it share the code please :D

Suppose what could always be done to blend it in better with the dark theme is just to change the search box colour?

I have tried that and it certainly looks nicer but still takes up too much room at the top. Especially in sections with a sub forum where the "post new thread" has been moved off the navigation bar. Just too much dead space at the top of pages IMO.

Caporegime
PS.

This is the best part of the custom coding, look at all the useless **** that has been removed from the bottom of the forum home page :p

6BZMN37.png

Clutter be gone! :cool:

Caporegime
I have tried that and it certainly looks nicer but still takes up too much room at the top. Especially in sections with a sub forum where the "post new thread" has been moved off the navigation bar. Just too much dead space at the top of pages IMO.
Hmmm, I will wait to see your drop down search box then :p :D

I might just remove the search box and re-add the search link back to the top left for now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom