New forum! Post bugs & errors in here *CHECK FIRST POST FOR ISSUES FIRST - P.S. THE MM IS OPEN*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, although I do like the structure it is now much harder to see things, especially lists of watched threads etc. It is genuinely hard to see things as with the same coloured background it just all looks like one big blob of text, unlike the old forum that has different shades to differentiate things. It definitely needs work.

Everything just appears too bold and in your face, browsing sub forums with large amounts of unread topics leads to huge amounts of bolded white text making it hard to see in comparison to previous software. The homepage is also really bland and contrast limited; everything blends in to each other and seems oddly sized.

How come readability has been reduced?
Agreed, although I do like the structure it is now much harder to see things, especially lists of watched threads etc. It is genuinely hard to see things as with the same coloured background it just all looks like one big blob of text, unlike the old forum that has different shades to differentiate things. It definitely needs work.

Absolutely agree. Readability has been reduced tenfold. What on earth is going on with the "REPORT, TRUST, QUOTE REPLY" links, they're not even aligned lmao.

It's just so much harder to read posts. :(

Also the "NEW" post label which appears at the top right of each new post overlaps the post lol.

Was this even tested before deployment? I hate to whine because someone has spent time doing this but seriously?

I was expecting a streamlined, heavily improved experience, looks like it's been cobbled together in a couple days and it's the opposite of improved.

Don't like the font at the top (one for username etc). Weirdly thin and different from the rest of the forum.

Thread icons are broken too. Where's the icon that says I've posted in a thread? You know the envelope with a bullet point in the middle.

The front page could do with some tweaking - something like rather than having it all styled as one big block, style each forum individually. Really don't like the white lines every where either.. or the 3 colours throughout the entire forum.

I do feel like this would've been an opportunity to style the forum slightly different. I get the simplicity of it but it's not 2000 any more and just looks weird on Xen. You've tried to keep to the old style far too much.

First impressions. I'm sure it'll grow on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom