New forum! Post bugs & errors in here *CHECK FIRST POST FOR ISSUES FIRST - P.S. THE MM IS OPEN*

Status
Not open for further replies.
How come readability has been reduced?

Absolutely agree. Readability has been reduced tenfold. What on earth is going on with the "REPORT, TRUST, QUOTE REPLY" links, they're not even aligned lmao.

It's just so much harder to read posts. :(

Also the "NEW" post label which appears at the top right of each new post overlaps the post lol.

Was this even tested before deployment? I hate to whine because someone has spent time doing this but seriously?

I was expecting a streamlined, heavily improved experience, looks like it's been cobbled together in a couple days and it's the opposite of improved.

I mean, really... a wall of text on the same background... not good for readability.

16602007_10154038577266330_4700251814918717905_o.jpg

Also the reply box still being black with white text, not in keeping with the traditional OCUK colour scheme... it all looks kinda rushed. However, I have no doubt that user feedback will be listeneed to and it will all be smoothed over soon and that we are all doing our usual drama lama stuff whenever the forum undergoes a major change. :D

I do t know if it's been asked yet. (Great look by the way)

But can we minimise the forum sections we don't want to see ? I'm not really interested in hardware etc. I can't see the usual arrows.

It has been asked, and no you can't - but we've asked the question.

Thanks.
I'd click the like button but I can't see one

there isn't a like button yet - functionality is there, its not been enabled.

This works perfectly, thanks a lot!

Good stuff. If you want to hide more things just copy and add additional lines:
addGlobalStyle('.insertclasshere { display: none !important; }')

Substitute insertclasshere with the class of item you wish to hide. You can determine what various elements are by right clicking the specific part you wish to modify and hitting Inspect, it will read class="classname". Class names are caps sensitive. Be careful what you hide though as it may not be a unique class for that specific element, might be a class which contains a number of other items you want or otherwise! Worst case just comment out or delete the entry you made.

Found a bug.

On the old forum when you've posted in a thread, the icon had a black dot in it.

That seems to be missing on this version, so impossible to track which threads you've posted in.

I don't like it. How do I minimise the Forum sections? I like to see the sections that I use the most. Oh I don't like it change it back.

yea global post per page amount appears to be set at 20 - can go all the way up to 100 now - which is great, always found 80 to be a weird number.

That's fixed it, like the mobile layout.

One other small bug I noticed, when in desktop view the 'new' in the top right of each post overlaps written text.

Tip: in your preferences check the option to automatically watch threads you post or start. This way any replies will show in the top right alerts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom