New forum! Post bugs & errors in here *CHECK FIRST POST FOR ISSUES FIRST - P.S. THE MM IS OPEN*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
1st off - I tried to use "quote" to quote you, and I got the initial quote you used in your post - which to me is very bizarre (apart from the fact as a user you press"+quote" as normal and then have to press "insert quotes " at the bottom which should be redundant if you only want to quote one person

(didnt have "reply" button , only trust and quote)

It may be "hugely improved" to moderate - but as a user / reader its pretty horrendous , apart from anything else no DIRECT link to sub forums having to fully expand pictures to make them legible rather than having them correct size to start with

edit - also lost a number of posts from post count (no biggie, just interesting - Im guessing those actual posts have disappeared also)

We're having to use/read the forum too so I'm not ignoring the functionality issues being raised, just saying that change was needed as it was an issue with the old forum.

Associate
I have to say I prefer the old style forum for looks, drop shadows! didn't windows just ditch this, and bright white out of darker blue is hard on the eyes. even white in the black message box is just to much.

Soldato
Ha, you can click on people's locations and it loads it up in Google maps, not sure that really works for my "location" though as an example...

Soldato
"
New forum! Post bugs/errors/observations in here please *CHECK FIRST POST FOR ISSUES FIRST*"

I did check the first post. The most obvious thing that i observed is that whoever actually implemented and gave the go ahead for this change in the forums did very little or no checking at all. The entire experience of logging on to make this post was a nightmare, because i actually thought OCUK had been hacked by a 12 year old.
For a site that i have been a member of nearly since the start, what i am looking at and trying to interact with now is upsetting and very very annoying.
This forum has always been one that can be looked up to..............................................the owners and whoever came up with this complete and utter mess should be ashamed of themselves and frankly deserve no respect from all the loyal forum members that have posted in this thread. Am i angry..............too bloody right i am. There was absolutely no need for all this rubbish if you had fully tested in the first place...............................just like any forum owners would and should have done.

Soldato
Alerts will be a great addition if it works like other forums

We need man-size pages ASAP though!

It's already there under preferences. Click on your user name, top right

"
New forum! Post bugs/errors/observations in here please *CHECK FIRST POST FOR ISSUES FIRST*"

I did check the first post. The most obvious thing that i observed is that whoever actually implemented and gave the go ahead for this change in the forums did very little or no checking at all. The entire experience of logging on to make this post was a nightmare, because i actually thought OCUK had been hacked by a 12 year old.
For a site that i have been a member of nearly since the start, what i am looking at and trying to interact with now is upsetting and very very annoying.
This forum has always been one that can be looked up to..............................................the owners and whoever came up with this complete and utter mess should be ashamed of themselves and frankly deserve no respect from all the loyal forum members that have posted in this thread. Am i angry..............too bloody right i am. There was absolutely no need for all this rubbish if you had fully tested in the first place...............................just like any forum owners would and should have done.

calm down.

why was logging on an issue? it's in practically the same place as the old VB forum?

Soldato
"

Can the new forums please translate this into English?

Soldato
Am I correct in thinking we will now have to login again after a period of inactivity (whatever you've set the timeout to I guess) - not a huge issue but the old forum never used to log me out which was kinda handy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom