*** NEW Fractal Design Case - Coming Soon ***

Associate
also antec have changed there design of the p183 there seems to be a new rev 2

posted here by me

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=15911378#post15911378

Unfortunately I am massively bored of Antec. I have had a Lanboy, a Super Lanboy, an Overture and a P160 for my gaming / media center rigs. Also had a couple of their old server cases before that. They don't often go far wrong, but I really want to try something different. I loved my Blue Xaser III back in the day, but these days I want something a little less garish. If I get the same problem a second time I think I will try a Lian Li, or maybe a Silverstone as I liked a Media Case of their's I worked with.

Associate
the extra fan does drop cpu temps btw it dropped mine by about 4-5 degrees but you need 2 of the same fans i went ac ryan blackfires personally but you can use the fractal ones if you want too
soon i will put up some pictures of mine now i am going to start modding it
only putting in a window and changing leds and stuff though really nothing mental

Associate
I bought a corsair 750w ages ago when I was in a hurry and the modulars were all out of stock.

Regretting it now.

Got the case today and I've never really tried to have a tidy case before and I cannot do it with my power pack, all those cables take up far too much room :/ Any thoughts which to put behind and which not to? Oh and are there any install guides around? How do I put a 120mm fan on the bottom?

Associate
I bought a corsair 750w ages ago when I was in a hurry and the modulars were all out of stock.

Regretting it now.

Got the case today and I've never really tried to have a tidy case before and I cannot do it with my power pack, all those cables take up far too much room :/ Any thoughts which to put behind and which not to? Oh and are there any install guides around? How do I put a 120mm fan on the bottom?

Try taking the rubber hole thingys out of the bottom two below the motherboard and try and feed all cable tie them all in the back, think it should be doable.

Associate
Try taking the rubber hole thingys out of the bottom two below the motherboard and try and feed all cable tie them all in the back, think it should be doable.

Yeah thats what I tried, but the one closest to the power is a very tight angle and the cables tend to clump up on the other side stopping me from putting the side back on. Not a load of space back there.

I'll try again tomorrow though.

Associate
So much for Fractal Customer Service, seems non existant. Emailed Fractal about this on Friday morning and again Monday morning. Not heard back either time. Should have just started my RMA process but wanted to give the manufacture opportunity to comment first.

Now I need to return my case and then wait for the replacement and refund for my return postage. Not sure whether to request a refund to be honest as I don't like companies who ignore their customers. Only problem is what to get instead as this is still my favourite looking case of the moment.

Associate
So much for Fractal Customer Service, seems non existant. Emailed Fractal about this on Friday morning and again Monday morning. Not heard back either time. Should have just started my RMA process but wanted to give the manufacture opportunity to comment first.

Now I need to return my case and then wait for the replacement and refund for my return postage. Not sure whether to request a refund to be honest as I don't like companies who ignore their customers. Only problem is what to get instead as this is still my favourite looking case of the moment.

You will probably have a better chance with there uk distributor who will send you a new side panel. Can't give you the direct link since its classed as a competitor, but just look on the fd website below.

http://www.fractal-design.com/?view=buy&category=2

Associate
I am going to pick up one of these cases this week to use on an i7 overclock with a H50 and a 5850 card.

How many of what type of fans should I get? I want to setup a push pull on the H50 but it says it takes 7 fans and 2 come with it do I need to fill it up ?

Thanks

Associate
Phew managed to squeeze in my corsair 750w non modular.

Took me 2.5 hours haha, not everything is around the back, two unused cables are sitting in the very bottom hard drive wrack, manuevered around the bottom fan. Good enough!

Anyone using a non modular I recommend removing the very bottom left rubber thing that the cables go thru, impossible otherwise to get stuff back there. I managed to fit the main power, the 12v and all 4 pci-e power cables thru that one hole.

Soldato
Just built my new system today - took me almost 5 hours. Never had done it before and made such a hash of things. Had components in and out a few times! Got there in the end and have to say its a lovely case. Great for hiding away the cables altho not sure what to do with the unused sata/pci-e cables. Hardly any noise of this at all.

How does this sound for fan config:

Corsair H50 - exhaust out the back, Fractal roof exhaust, Fractal front intake.

Temps: 35-40 while installing some stuff.

Associate
So how many extra fan should be bought with this case? Just buy the fractal 140mm ones?

the H50 should draw air in? Then another can be used to push it away ?

Also what do I need to fit an SSd in the case? a converter ?

Associate
I agree with the cables. It took me a damn long time, and the back sidepanel still doesn't fit on 100% properly. It was worth it though, it might have taken a long time but I got results better than in my old Antec 300 (which actually took less time and effort). My PSU is a non-modular BeQuiet 650W. Put it this way, I don't think I'll ever come close to using all the connectors on it.

I just need an 8-pin extension now so I can route that round the back.

Associate
personally i think that you use the 2 fans it comes with as intakes use the fan that comes with the h50 for a exhaust over the h50 and buy 1 or 2 140s for the roof one is needed but 2 is always better

I'd echo this advice. You can only fit a 140mm fan in the bottom if your PSU is tiny (750HX is too large), and although I've got a 140mm on the side of the case I think it's just creating dead air around the graphics cards - I might just leave it as an open vent.

Get 2, try it out - I don't think you'll need more. The Fractal 140mm are whisper-quiet too, you won't notice them. :)

Back
Top Bottom