New GMMK Pro - mechanical keyboard

Associate
Here’s my thoccy boi. GMMK Pro with lubed 62g Zealios V2 and DSA Royal Navy. Second time I’ve been stung by this base kit and novelties not having a key to fit a keeb. Last time it was the Race3’s awkward 1.5U escape key, this time it’s the 1.75U right shift.

Fortunately that’ll be sorted when my Grand Tour group buy comes in and these will be headed to mech market.

I followed the guide on fixing the stabs and I can safely say they’re still absolute *******. I think they’ll be okay if I completely re-lube them but not ruling out changing the plate and stabs later on. Apart from that the sound is great and pleased I picked this one up.

MGRjneVm.jpg

wrqXKSO.jpg
wrqXKSO

Last edited:
Associate
God the stabilisers are awful.

They were beyond lubed, literally swimming in it. I pressed the spacebar down and it never came back up - the mods were barely better. Removed the sticky pads on the PCB, cleaned off the excess lube on the stabs and now the spacebar is really scratchy and feels awful.

I've ordered some Durock V2s and Krytox 205g2 from Mechmods UK. Hopefully this solves it.

Associate
Hey everyone,

Am I correct that to just get started I need the GMMK Pro kit, Gateron switches and some keycaps?

Do I need anything else?

Might be worth looking into either a basic lubing setup or new stabilisers. I've heard of a lot of issues regarding the GOAT stabs/factory lube that come with the board. It's a lottery if they've been drowned in lube or not.

Associate
Might be worth looking into either a basic lubing setup or new stabilisers. I've heard of a lot of issues regarding the GOAT stabs/factory lube that come with the board. It's a lottery if they've been drowned in lube or not.

Agreed. Durock plate mounted stabs are the go to with krytox 205g0 lube which can be used on the switches too (just not on the feet if a tactile switch).

Wulf

Associate
Quick question to those who ordered directly from Glorious - Were you subject to customs/VAT and how was the overall experience?
I have a pre-order from OcUK with a supposed ETA of today (ANSI) but haven't had any news. Wondering if ordering direct would be a better option?

Associate
Quick question to those who ordered directly from Glorious - Were you subject to customs/VAT (included in price) and how was the overall experience?
I have a pre-order from OcUK with a supposed ETA of today (ANSI) but haven't had any news. Wondering if ordering direct would be a better option?

Customs/VAT is already paid if buying from a UK supplier. If you order it through a supplier in the US then you have to pay.

That's why the price seems significantly higher than buying from Glorious directly

Associate
Update on GMMK Pro ISO White:

"Currently our shipment for this item is running late, apologies for this delay.

Please keep an eye on your emails in the coming days for a notification on shipping, we are expecting this to arrive soon."

Associate
Update on GMMK Pro ISO White:

"Currently our shipment for this item is running late, apologies for this delay.

Please keep an eye on your emails in the coming days for a notification on shipping, we are expecting this to arrive soon."

Was this e-mailed to you? All I can see is "Pre-Order" on the product page and I've not received any comms regarding this

Associate
Customs/VAT is already paid if buying from a UK supplier. If you order it through a supplier in the US then you have to pay.

That's why the price seems significantly higher than buying from Glorious directly
The rules have changed where companies outside of the UK should be charging that in the final total to pay which avoids dealing with rip off handling charges from certain shipping companies.

Associate
Quick question to those who ordered directly from Glorious - Were you subject to customs/VAT and how was the overall experience?

I got white ISO directly from Glorious and didn't pay any extra charges on arrival. Ended up costing me less than if I had it from OCUK.

FWIW I thought I'd end up paying VAT on it but a lot of other people said they didn't pay anything either.

Back
Top Bottom