New GMMK Pro - mechanical keyboard

Associate
Update:
We currently have an ETA of around 1-2 weeks according to our purchasing team,and as soon as stock is received we will ensure your order is fulfilled. If me or my colleagues can be of any further assistance in the meantime, please do not hesitate to get in touch and we'll be happy to help.

Associate
My AVXWorks FR4 white and gold just arrived - glad I ordered it now! plan is to lube and install my durock v2s. Not done it before, just gunna give it a go and see how it pans out.

Soldato
FR4 plate installed, sadly the cursor keys are now offset to the right, seems like an alignment issue.

It does seem to have a bit more flex than the aluminium plate and Durock V2 stabs fir perfectly. It sounds really good, especially with the PE foam mod. I was going to change my stabs a bit more by doing the RAMA Works style heat shrink mod but using PTFE heat shrink, but in the end I couldn't be bothered, they felt and sounded good with just lube and I didn't want to risk making them worse and having to strip and remove the shrink.

Man of Honour
FR4 plate installed, sadly the cursor keys are now offset to the right, seems like an alignment issue.

It does seem to have a bit more flex than the aluminium plate and Durock V2 stabs fir perfectly. It sounds really good, especially with the PE foam mod. I was going to change my stabs a bit more by doing the RAMA Works style heat shrink mod but using PTFE heat shrink, but in the end I couldn't be bothered, they felt and sounded good with just lube and I didn't want to risk making them worse and having to strip and remove the shrink.
PE foam mod? Got any details?

Soldato
PE foam mod? Got any details?

It was inspired by the Jelly Epoch board, which basically uses a thin layer of PE foam between the PCB and the switches, it turned out this PE foam was the magic formula for the awesome sound of the Epoch board. People have since started trying it on loads of other boards too. It gives the board a more poppy sound.

Go to Youtube and search GMMK Pro PE foam, you will find loads of videos with sound comparisons. I used the foam the board was shipped in the same as most others.

Man of Honour
It was inspired by the Jelly Epoch board, which basically uses a thin layer of PE foam between the PCB and the switches, it turned out this PE foam was the magic formula for the awesome sound of the Epoch board. People have since started trying it on loads of other boards too. It gives the board a more poppy sound.

Go to Youtube and search GMMK Pro PE foam, you will find loads of videos with sound comparisons. I used the foam the board was shipped in the same as most others.
Thanks, I'll have a look :)

Associate
It sounds really good, especially with the PE foam mod.

Thanks for this! I've not watched a ton of videos recently as I've been trying to stave off the pain of the delivery delay. A really simple, cheap and nice mod to do that appears to make a difference. Much appreciated!

I will have to test it out in 4 months when the board finally arrives ;)

Man of Honour
I've got some Kailh Reds and some Everglide Aqua Kings that have all been lubed up and filmed. Thinking about the Zealio V2 or Holy Pandas for a tactile option. I've definitely gone light on my springs though.
Those Kings look interesting, what weight spring did you get?

I've ordered some Gateron Green switches and some Kailh Crystal Box Navys, I like me some heavy switches :D

Associate
Those Kings look interesting, what weight spring did you get?

I've ordered some Gateron Green switches and some Kailh Crystal Box Navys, I like me some heavy switches :D

I went for the 55g although they are a touch softer than I thought they would be. All the YouTube I can watch and it can't beat the experience of what spring resistance is going to be like. I might go for the 62g if I had to buy them again. This is my first mech board so the drawn-out process of it arriving has been a tough one to bear! Looking forward to testing out the switches and various mods along the way. I've got the Durok V2 ready and waiting as well to swap out the GOATs.

Are your Kailh's custom-built or were you able to pick them up as a complete unit from somewhere?

I've got some of the basic GMMK ABS-Doubleshot keycaps to keep me going until my Great Wave keycaps eventually arrive (has been pushed back to Q4 2022 :()

What keycaps are you planning on using with it?

Back
Top Bottom